- : Central Coast Neuro Rehab
- : 20-Aug-2020
- : Gosford NSW 2250
Central Coast Neuro Rehab aims to provides an excellent physiotherapy rehabilitation service to people with all kinds of neurological conditions, on the Central Coast of NSW. We use best research evidence and clinical knowhow, rehabilitation technology and gaming devices, to obtain maximum improvements in movement and functional abilities to enable people to participate as fully as possible in life. We aim to make rehab fun as well as effective in a caring, positive, friendly environment. We are building a supportive and ongoing community for people with neurological conditions which people can tap into whenever needed, throughout their lives. Providing ongoing training and mentoring for staff is a priority.
Central Coast Neuro Rehab is looking for a physiotherapist who enjoys neuro rehab to meet the increasing demand for neurological physiotherapy rehabilitation in this rapidly growing practice. Training in neurorehabilitation will be provided as part of this position, so junior physiotherapists with a desire to increase skill in this field are encouraged to apply.
- Provide high quality and evidence based treatment of patients in the physiotherapy practice premises and in the home.
- Assess and plan physiotherapy programs for patients.
- Plan and implement practice based groups in liaison with the principal physiotherapist.
- Liase effectively with all stakeholders involved in patient care, such as the patient’s carers, doctors, NDIS coordinators and NDIS plan managers, and other health professionals providing care to the patient.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation in the patient’s medical records.
- Write progress reports for referring doctors and for those funding treatment such as NDIS annual reviews.
- Maintain and develop clinical skills.
- Participate in quality assurance programs.
- Supervise students as required.
- Assist with other duties as required.
- Comply with infection control guidelines and procedures.
- Be familiar with and ensure Occupational Health and Safety principles and apply as necessary.
- Comply with Central Coast Neuro Rehab’s policy and procedures manual.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy or approved equivalent and be eligible for registration with the NSW Physiotherapy Registration Board.
- At least three months experience in treating patients with neurological deficits.
- Experience working without direct supervision, such as in a home or community environment.
- Good working knowledge of current evidence based treatment, in physiotherapy, in the fields of neurorehabilitation, general rehabilitation and/or musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
- Strong desire to work in the neurological field, rehabilitation or aged care.
- Caring, dedicated, friendly, patient-centred approach to physiotherapy treatment.
- Collegiate, open-minded, positive approach to physiotherapy treatment.
- Commitment to ongoing learning learning in order to deliver the best possible care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and ethical manner. With attention to confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Good problem solving, organisational and time management skills.
- Knowledge and commitment to Equal Employment Opportunities and Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
No Similar Jobs Found.