- : North and West Remote Health
- : 19-May-2020
- : Longreach QLD 4730
- Are you an experienced Podiatrist or recent graduate with a strong community spirit and a sense of adventure?
- Join a leading provider of community based allied-health services, living and working in Longreach - the 'Heart of Outback QLD'
- Attractive remuneration package circa $70,054 - $85,859 plus up to $15,900 salary sacrificing!
- ADDITIONAL benefits include 5 weeks annual leave, leave loading, accommodation subsidy & relocation assistance!
Leaders in the delivery of community based mental health, aged care, allied health, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993, North and West Remote Health (NWRH) harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and Indigenous Communities across Australia.
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and is a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.Your new career awaits!
NWRH has a new opportunity for a dedicated Podiatrist to join their team on a full-time basis. This role is based in Longreach, QLD, with regular travel required to nearby communities. This travel is done as a team, and on an 8-10 week rotation, with generally no more than 1-2 nights away from home a week.
Working as part of a tight-knit, multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for delivering podiatry services and community education activities across a service area of approximately 15 communities.
Your main role will be to prevent, diagnose and treat disorders of the feet by:
- Examining patients' feet to determine the nature and extent of conditions, deformities and injuries;
- Treating foot disabilities caused by diseases such as diabetes, peripheral vascular disorders, rheumatoid arthritis and other neuropathies;
- Performing minor surgery to remove and improve abnormal conditions;
- Prescribing, arranging the fabrication of and fitting footwear, replaceable pads, supports or other devices to correct foot abnormalities;
- Recording patients' treatments and progress, and evaluating the effectiveness of clinical interventions; and
- Assisting health and community groups by raising awareness of healthy lifestyles, disease and disability, and other health-related issues.
To be considered for this position you will have or be eligible to obtain AHPRA registration as a Podiatrist. With fantastic training and support structures in place, NWRH is able to accept applications from both recent graduates and experienced Podiatrists.
Whilst post-graduate experience isn't essential, you will need to bring with you a genuine desire to learn from your team, external mentors, and the communities themselves. You'll be passionate about providing high-quality care to your clients, and be confident in your ability to assess and treat a broad range of clients and conditions - without being afraid to ask for advice or support if needed.
Importantly, you will be able to connect with individuals from all walks of life. The NWRH team includes a wide range of ages, skills, and specialisations from across Australia, and you'll be working with and treating people of diverse cultural backgrounds. This position will suit someone with a sense of adventure, who's genuinely interested in getting to know their team, as well as the local community.
Please note: Due to the nature of this role, you will need a current, unrestricted 'C' class Australian Driver's Licence and be comfortable travelling by road and/or small planes to communities within the catchment area.About the Benefits
NWRH is one of the largest health service providers in the state, servicing an area 1/3 the size of Queensland. You'll be joining a vibrant, multi-disciplinary team who have come from across Australia, with a mix of experiences, from fresh graduates to seasoned experts.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you'll receive a highly attractive remuneration package circa $70,054 - $85,859, commensurate with your skills and experience, plus salary sacrificing up to $15,900.
A fantastic range of ADDITIONAL benefits include:
- 5 weeks annual leave, with 17.5% leave loading;
- Travel subsidy for outreach trips;
- Accommodation subsidy; and
- Relocation assistance!
You'll have access to a fantastic support network, from your team mates in Longreach, to the wider NWRH team of allied health professionals. You'll be able to have your say in how to best treat the clients in your care, with your preferences and feedback taken into account, and a hands-on admin team to organise everything behind the scenes, according to how you work best.
NWRH also offer significant training, mentoring, and career development opportunities, and are passionate about work/life balance, working with staff to avoid fatigue and get the best outcomes for clients and their team.
Whether you are looking for a change of scenery, a new adventure, or a chance to give back to the community, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution, whilst gaining invaluable regional health care experience - Apply Now!
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role;
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check; and
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply.
No Similar Jobs Found.