Practice Nurse AMS - Innisfail
Aboriginal community-controlled health organization owned and managed by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. It provides culturally appropriate and comprehensive primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Innisfail. Delivering Primary Health Care service to the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
We Bulk bill only. Hours of work - 8.30 to 5.00 pm only with no weekends required
Innisfail is the Cassowary Coast's largest town, with a population of approximately 10,000. The township is picturesquely situated at the junction of the North and South Johnstone Rivers, approximately five kilometers from the coast. Innisfail is 90km from Cairns (an hour's drive) along the Bruce Highway, making it easily accessible by car, bus or train.
Townsville is a three- and half-hour drive south and the Great Barrier Reef is only a half-hour boat ride. There are plenty of tourist attractions within driving distance for day trips.
- Provide high quality, comprehensive, and culturally appropriate nursing services
- Promote health services and community engagement
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Vaccination against or non-susceptibility to measles, mumps, rubella, chickenpox, whooping cough, and hepatitis B
- Current Drivers Licence
- Eligibility to work with children (hold a blue card)
- 5 weeks of annual leave
- 12 days sick/carers leave
- Salary packaging
- Relocation allowance of up to $1,500
- 8.30 am-5.00 pm workdays (full-time 37.5 hours per week), and consideration of flexible working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
Please provide a cover letter addressing the selection criteria
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Nursing or higher qualification and current registration with Australian Health Practitioner
- Regulation Agency (AHPRA), or ability to obtain registration
- Significant nursing experience in primary health care
- Experience coordinating community health programs
- Experience in the delivery of primary health care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Attributes:
- Ability to achieve targets and contribute to the achievement of organizational objectives
- Well-developed organizational skills, including the ability to manage own work and meet deadlines
- Ability to deliver quality primary health care services and promote continuous improvement, including motivating and influencing colleagues to do the same
- Ability to work autonomously, exercise initiative, and as a collaborative team member in a multidisciplinary team.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.
#JOB -100 02599
No Similar Jobs Found.