Psychologist (Children’s Services)
- : Carrington Health
- : 17-Nov-2020
- : Box Hill VIC 3128
Our Vision People in our communities enjoy better and longer lives Our Role We work in partnership with other health and wellbeing services to enhance the health of our communities in Whitehorse and Nillumbik by meeting additional needs that no one else does in the segments we service, whilst prioritising access for those who need it most and we also work with partners to address the root causes of vulnerability. Our Key Business Segments
• Helping people with a long term physical or mental health condition to live better
• Providing services and supports to people with disability
• Helping older people stay at home longer
• Providing integrated services and supports for children and youth
• Delivering public and private dental services
• Addressing the root causes of vulnerability Our People People aspire to work with us and contribute to our business and community. We are committed to building a culture that embodies our values and is driven by providing high quality services, supports and experiences.
Job Purpose To provide Psychology services to identified clients and their families on behalf of healthAbility. You as the Psychologist on the Children’s Services team will work with clients who may be accessing support from a range of funding sources including but not limited to:
• Community Health
• Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS)
• Private Health Insurance
• National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) The Psychologist- Children’s Services Team works in an interdisciplinary and family centred framework to provide a range of interventions including:
• Assessment and treatment for children (up to 18 years) who may present with a variety of emotional or behavioural issues such as: depression, anxiety, phobias, aggression, eating disorders, and learning
| difficulties and disabilities. Support and strategies for parents/families with children presenting with the issues outlined above The psychologist may work with clients individually, with a guardian or within a group setting at a location as decided upon during initial consultation. Your role may involve working with relevant health, educational, and welfare agencies including general practice and hospitals in the region to provide appropriate, timely and relevant services that improve outcomes for children and families. healthAbility will grant Rights of Private Practice to staff registered for Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS). healthAbility uses the 100% donation model as the framework for this activity. As a Psychologist working at healthAbility you will have access to medical indemnity insurance through the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority. You may be required to provide psychology service across sites, Eltham and Box Hill, and other outreach locations as appropriate. Qualifications A degree in Psychology and current Practising Membership status with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA) as a fully registered Psychologist (i.e. not provisional). Skills and Experience Communication • The ability to develop effective, client-centred therapeutic relationships with clients/families/carers, by listening effectively, sharing information and understanding client and family needs.
• Able to demonstrate empathy, particularly in the development of the client-therapist relationship.
• Skills to persuade and motivate effectively.
• Capacity to review and interpret research.
• Being assertive and able to advocate appropriately for clients, the profession and healthAbility. Teamwork
• Working across different ages and irrespective of gender, race, religion or political persuasion.
| • Working independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary
• Understanding your role as a Psychologist within multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary groups, Allied health teams and healthAbility. Problem Solving
• Developing creative, innovative solutions both clinically and organisationally
• Developing practical solutions, in consideration of resource limitations
• Showing independence and initiative in identifying problems and solving them Self-management
• Recognition of individual and professional strengths and limitations and practicing within these limitations.
• Evaluating and monitoring own performance as a clinician and part of the Allied Health team.
• Having knowledge and confidence in own ideas and visions, and being able to communicate this to others.
• Taking responsibility for actions and commitments, and following through on these. Planning and Organisation
• Managing time and priorities—meeting timelines and clinical targets, delegating tasks as appropriate.
• Being resourceful. • Taking initiative and making decisions.
• Participation in continuous improvement and planning processes, including Psychology service evaluations. Learning
• Contributing to the learning community at the workplace.
• Using a range of mediums to learn – mentoring, peer support and networking, IT, courses.
• Acknowledging the need to learn in order to accommodate change.
• Being open to new ideas and techniques. Position Description
• Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to Professional Development and attend sessions as per professional and organisational guidelines.
• Willingness to participate in relevant research or review/reflection of practice if required
• Acquisition and application of new knowledge to continuously improve practice. Initiative and Enterprise
• Demonstrating creative ideas and translating these into action to address new challenges
. Key Selection Criteria Refer to Employability Skills and Key Selection Criteria Guidelines Mandatory
• Registered or an eligibility and willingess to be registered for Medicare Benefits Schedule/Private health Insurance registration as a service provider at healthAbility.
• Experience as a practicing General Psychologist working with a range of paediatric populations
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including the ability to prepare submissions for funding.
• Highly developed interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Membership of APHRA • Flexibility in working hours to respond to client needs. Desirable
• Experience working with clients across a range of different settings e.g. private practice, community health, education etc
. • Experience in working with clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Current First Aid certificate. KPIs/Performance Goals
• Achieve clinical targets set by healthAbility
• Client case notes documented electronically within 7 days of the completion of the session
. • Complete required CPD hours in order to maintain your clinical registration Service/Program Children’s Services Program Reports Job reports to … Direct reports … Program Manager Children’s Nil Position Description | Services Award/EBA Victorian Stand-Alone Community Health Centres, Health Professionals Multi-Employer Enterprise Agreement 2017- 2021 Classification Gr 2 - 1. Year level dependent upon experience. Terms and Conditions Status (To check boxes, refer to “Guidelines-Check Boxes-2010) Full time ☐ Part time ☒ Casual ☐ Volunteer ☐ Length of Term Nine months EFT 0.4 EFT
• A Police Record Check is required for all roles
• A Working with Children Check, other credentials and role specific checks (such as Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme checks) will be required in accordance with government funding requirements and legislation.
• All employees must provide 100 points of identification upon commencement
. • All employees must be permanent residents of Australia or hold a current, valid visa
. • A current Victorian Driver’s Licence (where driving is a component of the role)
• A probationary period of 6 months applies unless otherwise stipulated.
• All employees must abide by the organisations Policies & Procedures.
• All employees may be required to work across any of the organisations sites.
• All employees are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other employees who may be affected by their conduct.
- Provisional Psychologist / Registered Social Worke...
- Posted By: Wesley Mission
- Posted Date: 2020-12-01
- Location:Narrabeen NSW 2101
- Provisional Psychologist / Registered Social Worker - Narrabeen Wesley Taylor Village part-...
- Mental Health Professional - Fraser Coast
- Posted By: Health Workforce Queensland
- Posted Date: 2020-11-30
- Location:Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast QLD
- Are you specialised in understanding Mental Health issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and improving health outcomes through rehabilitation and recovery?
- Psychologist - Permanent Part Time
- Posted By: Assure Health Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2020-11-29
- Location:St Albans VIC 3021
- SHOULD BE ABLE TO BILL MEDICARE MENTAL HEALTH CAREPLAN Calling Passionate, Motivated and Dynamic ...
- Family Violence Case Manager - Horizon Program
- Posted By: Colac Area Health
- Posted Date: 2020-11-29
- Location:Colac VIC 3250
- Job Description Location: South West Region | Colac-Otway Job type: Not provided Organisati...