Psychologist / Clinical Psychologist
- Telehealth psychologist
- Independent Contractor
- Fully registered psychologist
- Work Remotely Australia Wide
About More Good Days
More Good Days is a mental health tech company founded to create innovative solutions for people living with chronic pain. We are a team of clinicians and entrepreneurs who have come together to make holistic pain management more accessible to the millions of Australians who need it.
An increase in chronic pain prevalence has seen rising demand for psychology based solutions. However, the shortage of pain psychologists and lack of condition-specific psychotherapy pose significant challenges to chronic pain recovery. Modern science shows that physical, psychological, and emotional elements all play a major role in chronic pain.
Based on this biopsychosocial approach, More Good Days is on a mission to amplify access to human-first, evidence-based treatments for people living with chronic pain in Australia. By combining unique digital tools with personalised support from psychologists and healthcare professionals, we revolutionise mental health services delivery for chronic pain in the 21st century.
About the Role
Join the More Good Days team of psychologists and healthcare professionals and be part of a dynamic and innovative telemental health service. More Good Days is a 10 week structured online program that takes clients through pain science education, psychoeducation and mind-body techniques for condition self-management. Clients will learn these topics through bite-sized sessions delivered by the online program.
Psychologists provide counselling and support alongside the online program to help guide clients, enhance their understanding of the content, apply it to their lives, and address barriers in the way of successfully managing their condition and mental health.
Whether you want to supplement your existing private practice or use More Good Days as your main case load – you can choose how few or how many clients you want to see at times that are convenient for you. We are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic, able to work autonomously, and who enjoy being part of a supportive team.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are a psychologist who is:
- Looking for a flexible work from home environment
- Wanting to choose your own case load and set your own hours
- Eager for valuable experience for skill development in health psychology, and chronic pain and illness
- Opportunity to contribute to research and content creation beyond clinical work if you desire
- Looking to be part of an exciting innovative mental health tech company
- Providing high quality, evidence-based assessment, treatment and counselling alongside More Good Days’ structured program to clients via telehealth
- Attending and contributing at team meetings, peer supervision and activities relating to service planning, development and improvement
- Participating in the clinical evaluation and research activities of the program as part of a multidisciplinary team as needed
What we offer you
- Training and upskilling in working with clients experiencing chronic pain and illness
- The clients - we do the marketing for you
- Full administrative and technical support
- Competitive remuneration (details supplied upon request)
- Peer supervision and support
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Full (unconditional) registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Eligibility for registration with Medicare to provide psychology services
- Own ABN
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Experience or familiarity with CBT and ACT therapeutic approaches
- Interest in health psychology, or chronic pain and illness
- Posted By: Paragon Wellness
- Posted Date: 2022-07-26
- Location:All Gold Coast QLD
- PSYCHOLOGIST About you: The Psychologist will be an experienced and innovative mental health...
- Posted By: Centre for Anxiety and OCD (CAO)
- Posted Date: 2022-07-14
- Location:Palm Beach QLD 4221
- Work With Us At CAO, we are always expanding and seeking new psychologists to join our team. If y...