Psychologist Consulting in Eating, Weight & Body Image Concerns
- : Weight Management Psychology
- : 15-Oct-2020
- : All Brisbane QLD
Weight Management Psychology is a leading organisation in the psychology of eating, physical activity, weight and body-image in Australia. We enjoy a great reputation among medical, surgical and allied health professionals and have a strong client base, referral network and social media presence.
With exciting online offerings, published research on our interventions, several collaborations with leading organisations in the field, and our founder's bestselling book 'Thinsanity' released this year, Weight Management Psychology offers an opportunity to put yourself at the forefront of an exciting and emerging field.
There are countless opportunities for the right candidate to develop expert clinical practise in this rapidly-growing field and build a rewarding career with the support of a driven, friendly and professional team of psychologists, dietitians, personal trainers, marketing and client services team members. We also enjoy a close relationship with our extended family of dietitians, doctors, surgeons and exercise physiologists making for a great extended interdisciplinary team!
Due to growing demand for our services and some changes to our clinical team, Weight Management Psychology is looking for a self-motivated, experienced, independent and extremely reliable team player to join our close-knit team of hard working dedicated people who are passionate about spreading psychologically-minded, evidence-based, and non-stigmatising messages about the health and wellbeing of people who are living in larger bodies and/or who are struggling with disordered eating. The role is as a sub-contractor, could begin immediately, and will grow organically from 3 to 4-5 full days consulting depending on your needs and preferences! We anticipate the role will involve a combination of consulting at our flagship clinic in Teneriffe (Tuesdays and Thursdays available), our second clinic at Greenslopes (Mondays and Fridays available), and working from home via Telehealth (whenever suits you - each of our psychs now enjoy a day from home!).
The successful applicant will:
- Have significant experience in the psychology of eating, exercise, weight and body-image (3+ years minimum).
- Have superior interpersonal skills and proven ability to retain clients.
- Be happy to consult some after-hours times (e.g. 5pm, 6pm) and build a client-base over time.
- Want to build a successful career in the psychology of eating, movement, weight and body image, and grow their career within our ever-developing team.
- Be a fully registered psychologist with AHPRA. Have their own insurance.
- Have demonstrated ability to effectively engage with colleagues, clients and their stakeholders and build strong referral pathways.
- Understand and be willing to work within a principally non-dieting framework. Be trained in CBT/ACT. Be registered as a Clinical Psychologist under Medicare (strongly preferred for this position).
- Have experience in working with bariatric surgery patients (pre and post surgery) (strongly preferred).
- Have training and experience in the evidence-based treatment of Eating Disorders (strongly preferred).
- Have training and experience in EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques), and/or Clinical Hypnosis (strongly preferred).
- Have lived experience with eating, weight and/or body image concerns (valued but not required).
- Be able to obtain a Medicare Provider Number.
- Supervision from our principal psychologist, Glenn Mackintosh
- Peer supervision with our team of expert psychologists and dietitians
- Competitive salary
- Career development opportunities for the right person (self-motivated and hard-working people with integrity flourish at WMP!)
- Build your name and career in the ethical weight management space
Our clients are typically people who have struggled with yo-yo dieting, referred by dietitians, GPs, bariatric surgeons, and our website. Increasingly, we are working with people who experience diagnosed Eating Disorders and we are developing this area of our practice with the support of our new dietitians. Our clients appreciate the weight-inclusive, evidence based, innovative and authentic approach we provide. They also value the extra care and close inter-disciplinary support we offer.
No Similar Jobs Found.