Psychologist - Roma or Kingaroy
Salary Range: $95,000 - $130,000 per annum package
An exciting opportunity exists for a passionate and motivated Psychologist to join the team. This organisation currently holds a position to be based in either Roma (South Central QLD) or Kingaroy (South Burnett region) which will also service outreach locations. The practice invites both recent graduates and experienced Psychologists to apply.
As one of the valued team members, you will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality assessment and intervention services.
- Working under our unique 'Preventative Mental Health Services Program' in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Working alongside other allied health professionals in the South-West Queensland Team, including: Exercise Physiologists, Massage Therapist, Occupational Therapists, Mental Health OT, Speech Pathologists, and Physiotherapists.
- Work within a variety of services delivery settings including – medical centres, aboriginal health centres, home visits and Vital Health Centres.
- Prepare and present information sessions for educators, parents and/or other professionals.
- Participate in regular professional development, internally and whole- of-clinic teams.
- Provide services under the NDIS.
- Engage in regular supervision and clinical support from Clinical Manager and Senior Psychologist.
- Travel, on a regular roster, to smaller towns to provide services (all travel expenses covered).
This modern multi-disciplinary allied health practice is dedicated to providing a holistic, person-centred approach to therapy for rural and remote communities in rural QLD & NSW, Australia. As a team, thier mission is to improve rural, remote, and Indigenous access to health services. They believe that all Australians should have access to high-quality health services, no matter where they live.
The organisation has continued to expand in response to a growing need within their communities for high-quality local health services and now have nine centres servicing regions across Queensland and New South Wales. Currently, the team consists of 60+ professionals who find living and working in rural parts of our country extremely rewarding, both on a personal and professional level.
This organisation offers the following to all their team members:
- Up to $10,000 annually available for external professional development or support for supervision (for provisional psychologists).
- Internally facilitated professional development, peer support and lots of learning opportunities with other senior professionals.
- Comprehensive New Grad Program
- Self-motivated individuals can increase their income with incentives
- Career Development Pathways into leadership positions
- Relocation costs negotiated and support to find suitable accommodation
- Support for Partner and family, eg: finding employment opportunities for spouses, childcare/ school options.
Qualifications and Experience:
As the successful applicant, you will bring a passion for improving rural, remote, and Indigenous access to health services.
You will have:
- A passion for improving rural, remote and Indigenous access to health services
- Ability to work flexibly and independently within different service delivery models and across different locations
- Passion for delivering evidence-based treatment
- Excellent communication, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Police Check
The biggest and best outback adventures start in Roma. You can enjoy a laid-back lifestyle and belong to caring community of a well-known country town. Throughout the region, there are truly spectacular ancient landscapes and great walking trails that showcase the natural beauty of the area. The nearby Carnarvon Gorge National Park offers towering white cliffs, huge rock overhangs adorned with ochre stencils, and engravings from an ancient and ongoing culture, and an array of well-established walking trails. Roma is well known for its social sports, balls, Picnic Races, Food and Fire Festival, and Easter in the County.
Working in Roma, you will be based in one of the two clinics in Roma and will be travelling to smaller towns in the surrounding region.
Located in the South Burnett region, Kingaroy truly gives you the best of both worlds; the easy living and laid-back lifestyle of country living while only being a two and a half hour drive from the Sunshine Coast. The region is home to many wineries, peanut and lavender farms as well as the beautiful Bunya Mountains National Park - giving you plenty to explore on the weekends!
Working in Kingaroy, you will be based in the Kingaroy clinic but will also service smaller towns in the region and give home & school visits.
For more information on this position, please contact our team!
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.
- Posted By: Finding Balance Psychology
- Posted Date: 2022-08-19
- Location:Embleton WA 6062
- We’re looking for an experienced eating disorder psychologist for our growing private practice. ...
- Posted By: Happy Brain Psychology
- Posted Date: 2022-08-18
- Location:Booval QLD 4304
- About the job Are you a NeuroAffirmative Psychologist seeking to make a difference? Do you want t...
- Posted By: Early Intervention Support Services
- Posted Date: 2022-08-17
- Location:All Melbourne VIC
- Amazing Remuneration, Flexible Working Arrangement, UBER Eats Mondays, Monthly activities with AH team (movies, massage, bowling, etc), + More!!!!
- Mental Health Clinician – Mount Isa
- Posted By: Health Workforce
- Posted Date: 2022-08-15
- Location:mount isa QLD 4825
- Are you a registered psychologist, clinical psychologist, mental health accredited social worker, mental health accredited registered nurse or mental health accredited occupational therapist? Applicants who...