- : Family Minded
- : 13-May-2020
- : Sunbury VIC 3429
supporting kids and families? Are you looking for a supportive work environment with in-house and free supervision?
mental health and/or autism spectrum disorder.
We have room on our friendly team for early career psychs looking to develop their skills in a paed setting, as well as experienced clinicians wanting to extend their leadership skills.
We are a family-focused practice with lots of opportunities for collaboration and shared work. We offer families a unique wrap-around service.
Contracting fees or salary are well above the industry standard with professional development funds available.
Board approved supervision is available onsite (with clinical endorsement).
Who we are
Family Minded provides support to families experiencing a range of difficulties including anxiety, behaviour difficulties, ADHD, depression, challenging behaviours, autism spectrum disorder (including assessment and HCWA/NDIS funded interventions). We see a diverse range of clinical presentations and clinician development of specialisation in areas of expertise and interest is supported.
Focus on clinical work, not paperwork
About the role
- We are seeking early career or experienced psychologists with great clinical skills in psychological assessment and interventions with family & child mental health or autism focus - or both!!
- The position is very flexible and could be part-time or subcontracting with a full time position available for the right applicant.
- Days and hours are flexible
- Professional development funding is available
- Board approved Clin Psych endorsed supervision or registrarship is available for the right person. All in-house supervision is provided at no cost to the clinician
- Fully registered psychologist (AHPRA)
- Eligible to register with Medicare
- Have strong clinical skills in working with kids and teens in either/both
- Intervention to support developing self regulation skills, addressing anxiety and mood difficulties, behaviour management, interpersonal skills, flexible thinking and so forth, in addition to parent/family psychoeducation, school support
- Assessment skills using formal and informal assessments, excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to synthesise information from a range of sources in to a coherent and accessible clinical report and feedback, and clinical experience in developing clinically relevant and specific recommendations.
- Professional indemnity insurance (with PBA required level of coverage)
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and working effectively with children/adolescents, including those who are on the Autism spectrum (across a range of levels of functioning), to develop their skills in affect regulation, self-regulation skills, interpersonal skills, and flexible thinking, in addition to supporting families and schools with psychoeducation and guidance on scaffolding the child in those environments.
- Demonstrated experience in assessment or intervention in an autism spectrum setting.
- Demonstrated experience in family work
- Demonstrated experience in a clinical mental health setting
We are a warm and supportive team working in a family-centred multidisciplinary workspace. We strive for great client outcomes through highly professional services, in a relaxed and enjoyable work environment. We see a range of clients, the work is interesting, at times challenging, and very satisfying. We offer great remuneration, financial support for professional development, peer supervision, and onsite in-house supervision can be provided. Board approved Clin Psych endorsed supervision or registrarship available for the right person. All in-house supervision is provided at no cost to the clinician.
No Similar Jobs Found.