- : Alzheimer's Queensland
- : 08-Sep-2020
- : Mount Gravatt QLD 4122
Alzheimer's Queensland (AQ) is a not for profit organisation with residential and community services across south east Queensland. AQ prides itself on being an innovative organisation that exceeds the client's expectations, so that people with dementia, frail aged and their families can have a good life.
AQ places a strong emphasis on the wellness and mental health of its residents, clients and families. For this reason, we are currently recruiting a Psychologist to provide psychological support and counselling across the organisation. This is a newly created role to organise and conduct individual psychological support sessions and create a support program for residents, clients, families, and caregivers. AQ feels it is necessary to implement internal psychological support structure to ensure adequate care practices are given to all stakeholders according to their needs during the current climate. We will consider both Part Time and Full Time applicants.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Behavioural Sciences Social work, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Psychologist essential
- Experience with Aged Care facilities/ working with the elderly and their families highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to design & implement support programs
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to relate effectively to a varied clientele on psychological matters
- Ability to manage and prioritise a diverse caseload with minimal supervision
- Flexibility with travel across Brisbane
- Residency & permission to work in Australia
- National Police Clearance Certificate (upon role offer)
Our Staff Enjoy
- A supportive team environment working alongside passionate & dedicated professionals
- Increased take-home pay with access to salary sacrifice as a Not-For-Profit
- Flexible Working Arrangements for Work life balance
- Thorough systems & processes in place
- Innovative, progressive aged care organisation
- Ongoing training & professional development opportunities
No Similar Jobs Found.