- : The Benevolent Society
- : 22-Sep-2020
- : Campbelltown NSW 2560
Women deserve to heal from trauma particularly domestic violence and be empowered to make positive safe and informed choices.
Your new role:
You will support women and their children to overcome the effects of trauma, domestic violence, sexual assault, grief and loss and other women’s health issues. Working in a multidisciplinary team, you will undertake an initial assessment; provide high quality counselling, psychotherapy, case management, and therapeutic group work.
We use a trauma informed, strengths based approach and an integrated, wrap around service model.
Terms: Part Time position (30 hours per week) role based in our Centre for Women’s, Children’s and Family Health in Campbelltown
The Benevolent Society considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s. 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW)
What you need to succeed?
- You will have at least 3 years experience working with families who have experienced domestic violence and trauma in a counselling setting.
- You will have a strong understanding of attachment and the impacts of adversity on children’s developmental outcomes
- A trauma informed strengths based approach to working with clients
- A clear understanding of child protection issues and mandatory reporting responsibilities
- Excellent time management and organising skills to balance competing demands
- Ability to provide outstanding service to our clients in a positive, respectful and culturally sensitive way
- Relevant tertiary (degree) qualification in counselling, art therapy, social work or other related discipline.
No Similar Jobs Found.