Child & Family Practitioner
- : The Benevolent Society
- : 27-Sep-2020
- : Orange NSW 2800
Your new role:
You will engage and support at risk families make different choices for their children. You will undertake an initial assessment of family strengths and needs, and develop case plans that build on the family’s resilience to enable them to overcome risks by using evidence informed practices, partnering with other services and supporting the family to shape their next chapter.
Terms: We have 12 month contract fole available in our Orange team.
Who’s the team?
We are a dynamic team with diverse skills and experiences. We have a supportive Leadership team and have access to a Practice Leadership Unit.
We are committed to high quality work, very welcoming and believe with the right support every parent has potential to make lasting life changes.
In the COVID world we are working remotely to ensure we can continue to deliver services. New employees are onboarded remotely and where safe in person.
Some of the benefits we offer
- Salary packaging,
- Discounts on everyday purchases,
- Flexible work arrangements,
- Accrued days off,
- Purchasing additional leave,
- IT tools/devices to support working remotely,
- Long service leave after 5 years & more!
What you need to succeed?
As an experienced Social Worker, Psychologist, Case Worker or Case Manager you will have
- At least 12 months case management experience working with at risk children, young people and/or families in a child protection focused role, including experience undertaking comprehensive assessments
- Excellent understanding of child protection issues and client vulnerabilities such as drug and alcohol use, domestic violence, mental health issues, and the impact of trauma and the effect on child behaviour and development
- Excellent IT skills and ability to use technology in service delivery
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work remotely
- High level of professional accountability and integrity and a belief that every parent has potential
- A relevant degree qualification and current driver’s license
No Similar Jobs Found.