- : Act for Kids
- : 01-Oct-2020
- : All Brisbane QLD
Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and preschools designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job...
We are looking for a Psychologist to join our dedicated and supportive Integrated Therapy Team based in Ipswich. This is a full-time, permanent position providing an outstanding therapeutic service to children, young people and their families.
- Maintain a client case load as negotiated with the Practice Managers.
- Provide trauma-informed psychological assessments and interventions as part of an integrated team.
- Identify and work toward client goals, and achieve successful case outcomes for clients.
- Attend stakeholder meetings for the benefit of clients and development of case plans.
- Encourage and strengthen supportive relationships with adult caregivers.
- Working with Act for Kids team members, other professionals and agencies to enhance client outcomes.
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology.
- Registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA and national registration as a psychologist is essential.
- At least two years’ experience working with children, young people and their families?who have been impacted by trauma or experienced abuse and neglect, or at least two years’ experience working in similar roles.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy to children, young people and their families.
- Clinical and therapeutic understanding of the impacts of trauma on child and family functioning.
- Experience working with NDIS and Medicare clients desirable.
Over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
About the pay...
- Position is classified Level 6.1 – 6.3 under the SCHCADS award.
- Salary range is $87,577 - $91,439 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time).
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits...
- Overall winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 (100-499 employees)
- Winner of HRD Employer of Choice 2019 in (1) Health & Wellbeing (2) Leadership (3) Work-Life Balance
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid parental leave and study assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- Excellent family friendly and flexible work environment
No Similar Jobs Found.