- : Western Australian Cricket Association
- : 15-Oct-2020
- : All Perth WA
The WACA has an outstanding opportunity for a suitably experienced Psychologist to join the High Performance Department.
We are looking for a senior mental health professional to lead WACA Performance psychology and Team and Player Development program to ensure best practice service provision.
Reporting to the General Manager – High Performance, you will bring your previous success in implementing best in class high performance individual and team performance improvement. . This is a pivotal role within high performance and your success will be determined by your ability to successfully work with our elite athletes to manage all performance and welfare needs.
This is an amazing opportunity for you to contribute in making a real difference to elite athletes.
About the Role
In this role your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing all player sports psychology related performance and welfare needs
- Conduct screening and performance profiling
- Maintaining regular contact and daily monitoring of players, and communicate relevant information
- Working closely with our State Medical Officer to lead the case management of athletes being supported by external clinical psychologists
- Developing education programs, resources and associated protocols to develop performance related mental skills
- Providing best practice performance psychology profiling, and devise individual intervention protocols to enhance performance related psychological competencies
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to WACA mental health and wellbeing programs and daily training environments
- Providing human resource management and leadership to two Player Development Managers
You will have:
- A master’s degree in Sport Psychology
- Current full practicing Psychology registration with AHPRA
- Four or more years demonstrated experience practicing in Sport Psychology with elite athletes and coaches
- Demonstrated post-supervision experience in counselling or clinical psychology practice including assessment, diagnosis and treatment
- Demonstrated experience in managing staff
- Demonstrated experience in tailoring strategies to assist athletes in overcoming difficulties, improving performance and preparing for competition
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with developing and nurturing high performance sports culture.
The Western Australian Cricket Association (WACA) is the governing body for cricket in the state of Western Australia (WA). Our purpose is to develop cricket in WA, including the State teams, the Perth Scorchers, pathway competitions and community cricket programs. We also oversee the management and operation of the WACA Ground. Our vision is for WA Cricket to be role models for Australian Cricket including national team representation, elite team success, participation, engagement and fan experience.
One of the best things about cricket is that it is a sport for everyone! Here at the WACA we aim to reflect that in our workplace. We embrace diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion and sexual orientation meaning none of those things will impact whether you can be part of the team. At the WACA we are committed to providing a safe environment for everyone involved in our sport including children. As such, you will be required to complete a Working with Children’s check.
We measure ourselves on our behaviours - “How We Play”; our people value being real, clearing the boundaries, making every ball count and being stronger together.
We Proudly Offer
·Salary packaging benefits;
·Free onsite parking;
·Flexible work practices, including Time in Lieu;
·Wellness program including gym access;
·Membership passes and merchandise discounts; and
·Employee Recognition Program and Professional Development opportunities.
No Similar Jobs Found.