We are looking for dynamic, highly skilled Psychologists to join our forensic services team based in Ararat, Victoria.
More About The Opportunity
We are looking for dynamic, highly skilled Psychologists who are excited about being part of our prison forensic services team and playing an integral part in the delivery of forensic Drug and Alcohol Treatment Services at Hopkins Correctional Centre based in Ararat, Victoria.
This role will require you to deliver AOD therapeutic groups, exit preparation programs, and distribute harm minimisation information, playing a pivotal role in the process for the prisoners who are working towards building the pathway to their future. There will also be the opportunity to undertake assessment and individual treatment work, all whilst working within a therapeutic environment.
You will have the opportunity to deliver treatment to a client population that presents with a range of forensic/offending histories and clinical and mental health issues. Interventions provided may be short term, episodic, long-term, individual or group based.
Further duties include report writing, referral to other services, case noting, office administration, and liaising with other professionals and services.
Treatment services are provided in line with the Caraniche model of care, which includes regular individual and group supervision as well as continuing professional development opportunities.
What You’ll Ideally Bring To The Role
- Relevant qualifications in Psychology
- Registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated and relevant working experience
- Experience in clinical and/or forensic assessment, case formulation and treatment, ideally relating to AOD issues
- High level of interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Independence and confidence working in a caring, faced paced environment, with a flexible and agile approach
- Current valid Driver’s License
Why Work With Us?
There is unlimited opportunity to develop your counselling/clinical skills within a supportive, multidisciplinary team who strive to be a leading provider of AOD treatment services in forensic services across Victoria. Our teams are diverse, and our roles provide for ongoing growth and development, where no two days are the same!
We are leaders and innovators within our industry, providing unparalleled learning opportunities for our people. Our leaders genuinely care. If you are drawn to work with a team of skilled professionals, and a company that makes real changes in people’s lives, is it time to consider the next chapter of your career with us?
Applications close on Friday 27th May 2022.
Please note that candidates may be interviewed and progressed prior to the closing date.
- Posted By: Early Intervention Support Services
- Posted Date: 2022-08-17
- Location:All Melbourne VIC
- Amazing Remuneration, Flexible Working Arrangement, UBER Eats Mondays, Monthly activities with AH team (movies, massage, bowling, etc), + More!!!!
- Mental Health Clinician – Mount Isa
- Posted By: Health Workforce
- Posted Date: 2022-08-15
- Location:mount isa QLD 4825
- Are you a registered psychologist, clinical psychologist, mental health accredited social worker, mental health accredited registered nurse or mental health accredited occupational therapist? Applicants who...
- Sr Psychologist - Positive Behaviour Support
- Posted By: Autism 360™
- Posted Date: 2022-08-15
- Location:All Australia
- About the job Looking for a career change in the new Financial year? At Autism 360 we are hiring ...
- Posted By: Bobbi Cook Behaviour Management
- Posted Date: 2022-08-11
- Location:Delacombe VIC 3356
- We have several flexible and exciting roles available for the right people in our vibrant growing te...