- : Townsville Hospital and Health Service
- : 05-Sep-2020
- : Douglas QLD 4814
Queensland Health (Organisation site)
Have it all - sun, sand and sea.
Enjoy work/lifestyle balance and generous remuneration benefits at Townsville University Hospital.
This position is applicable to recent Graduates of University Degrees in Medical Imaging 1st year qualified (from a 4-year University Degree).
|Health - Allied Health/Clinical Support|
|$2767 per fortnight|
|11/01/2021 - 09/01/2022|
As the only tertiary referral centre in North Queensland, Townsville University Hospital (TUH) treats patients from as far north as Cape York Peninsula and the Torres Strait Islands, and west to Mount Isa and the Gulf of Carpentaria. It is also the major teaching hospital for James Cook University's schools of medicine, nursing and allied health and TAFE Queensland North. We are proud to be teaching the clinicians of tomorrow.
Townsville University Hospital also acts as a hub for health research in the region. With a state-of-the-art, dedicated research space and close geographical links to James Cook University, the hospital is on the cutting edge of tropical medicine research with clinical trial partnerships both onsite and via telehealth.
Graduates will gain experience in (adult and paediatric) General and Emergency Radiography, Operating Theatre, Mobile radiography, Fluoroscopy (including Catheter Laboratory) and basic CT scanning. Graduates will have the opportunity to observe other imaging modalities and Radiology Support Systems of Townsville Hospital and Health Service (HHS)
- Deliver medical imaging clinical service within a specific work unit or as a member of a multidisciplinary/ modality team to stakeholders/customers of Queensland Health.
- To work across a range of modality services within Imaging under direction from Senior Clinical leaders.
- Provide education and impart knowledge to staff, patients and the public regarding the clinical and safety considerations specific to medical imaging and provide a patient focus to the performance of duties.
Mandatory: The successful applicant must possess:
- Tertiary qualification applicable to medical imaging
- Current Registration with the Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia
- Eligible for or in possession of Radiation Use Licence issued by Queensland Health - Radiation Health
Highly desirable: evidence of professional development activities
Visit the Townsville Hospital and Health Service web page "How to Apply" for some great tips on "How to write a resume and cover letter" and "Tips for job interviews". All applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website.
For full details of this position, please ensure you download the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants.
The Information Package for Applicants outlines pre-employment checks that will be undertaken for successful applicants.
Please note that unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Please do NOT upload zipped files, pdfs created through MS Word 2007, tagged pdfs or protected documents.
Accepted files: gif, bmp, png, rtf, txt, doc and docx.
No Similar Jobs Found.