- : Gold Coast Private Hospital
- : 24-Aug-2020
- : All Gold Coast QLD
Position status Position type Occupational group Classification Workplace Location Job ad reference Closing date Yearly salary Fortnightly salary Job duration Contact person Contact details
|Health - Allied Health/Clinical Support|
|$73994 - $73994|
|$2836.20 - $2836.20|
An opportunity has become available for several Radiographers (Graduate) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
You will take responsibility for
- Performing radiographic examinations consistent with established standards and protocols with particular regard for the patient as an individual
- Maintaining established standards of equipment care and report all malfunctions to the appropriate personnel
- Advising the supervising Radiographer or Director of Medical Imaging Services of any incident or injuries involving patients or staff in line with the Department's protocol
- Ensuring the confidentiality of patient information at all times and recognising the need for patient privacy to be observed
Requirements for the role
- Possession of a tertiary qualification in Applied Science in Diagnostic Imaging is a requirement of this position
- Full registrationwith the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Possession of an appropriate User License issued under the Queensland Radiation Safety Act 1999
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a government vehicle and an appropriate Licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B. New employees are also required to undertake a tuberculosis screening, to identify if the tuberculosis vaccination may be required
- Participation in a limited shift and weekend roster after a suitable induction period is required. The incumbent of this position is required work across a duty roster including weekend duties, shift work and on-call
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Temporary full time (three positions, 12 months)
- Base salary ranging from $73 994 per annum
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About Medical Imaging
The Medical Imaging Department operates two campuses at Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH) and Robina with over 100 radiographers on staff. The successful candidates will be Rotated between the sites.
The Medical Imaging Departments currently have in operation:
- General rooms (Emergency Department, Orthopaedic and General)
- Computer Tomography Units
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- 3 Cardiac Catheter Laboratories (GCUH only)
- Fluoroscopic Unit
- Ultrasound rooms
- Orthopantomogram (OPG) room
- Bone Mineral Density (BMD) Unit (GCUH only)
- Mobile X-ray units
- Image Intensifiers
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Wednesday, 2 September 2020.
Job Ad reference: GC351204
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
***APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY ONLINE*** Microsoft Word (.doc) or PDF file types are supported. Files must be a maximum of 2MB each.
No Similar Jobs Found.