Registered Nurse – Oncology
Multiple positions available to join a Day Oncology Unit in an excellent public hospital within the Northern Territory, Australia.
CCM Recruitment are looking for experienced Oncology Nurses for our client hospital in Alice Springs, Northern Territory. Alice – as the locals like to call it, is the heart of Australia’s Red Centre. A vibrant, friendly rural town with quite the expat community and always something to do. If you want to tick a desert adventure off your bucket list, then this place is for you! This is your chance to work on a full-time basis for an excellent facility.
About the Position
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for providing high quality and culturally sensitive nursing care to support patients and their families who are experiencing and living with cancer. The positions are well-suited for Registered Nurses who specialise in Oncology.
Assessing and coordinating the care delivery needs of each individual patient.
- Administering prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing protocol and delivering a high level of patient care.
- Interacting with patients, families, and other visitors in a courteous, helpful manner.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team to deliver high standards of care to rural and remote patients through culturally safe practice and exceptional communication with patients, remote health clinics, and remote Oncologists.
- Following defined service quality standards, Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken to ensure high quality, safe services, and workplaces.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA (or willing to obtain)
- Minimum 18-24 months clinical experience in the related specialty (depending on hospital location)
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or equivalent)
- Suited to a nurse with a true passion for oncology care and is highly motivated to make positive impacts on people's lives
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of social and cultural challenges experienced by vulnerable groups and the role of the nurse in supporting them
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic with a passion for delivering high quality of care
- Legal rights to work in Australia
Benefits On Offer
- Pay rates – as per as per the Northern Territory Public Sector Nurses and Midwives’ 2017 - 2020 enterprise agreement: https://ocpe.nt.gov.au/employment-conditions-appeals-grievances/rates-of-pay/nurses2
- Contracts & Permanent positions available – subject to vacancies
- Relocation assistance and travel costs may be reimbursable – subject to location
- Accommodation may be available to rent through the hospital – enquire for further details
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, simply apply now.