Registered Nurse - Cancer Care Coordinator
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 11-Sep-2020
- : Cairns QLD 4870
Position Advert: Registered Nurse - Cancer Care Coordinator
Registered Nurse - Cancer Care Coordinator
Full Time Position
This dynamic, innovative role is located in idyllic Tropical North Queensland, the only place on Earth where two World Heritage areas meet, The Great Barrier Reef and The Daintree Rainforest which is the oldest living rainforest on the Planet. The region boasts an enviable lifestyle surrounding these two stunning natural features which in turn supports a tourism industry that sees almost 3 million visitors each year. With the cosmopolitan city of Cairns as its hub and an airport with direct flights to 7 international cities as well as significant connectivity to capital cities in Australia, Cairns is among the fastest growing regional cities in Australia.
The Cairns Organisations United for Cancer Health (COUCH) Charity has been advocating for cancer treatment and supportive care in the Cairns region since 2006. In 2019, COUCH opened the first integrated cancer care centre in the region - the COUCH Wellness Centre. This Cancer Care Centre is a health and social services facility which provides integrated, coordinated nursing, allied health and evidence-based therapies to people living with a diagnosis of cancer. Focus is on equitable care, with clients accessing bulk-billed services and low-cost lifestyle supports to assist with maintaining quality of life during all stages of a cancer diagnosis. Support is also provided to their carers and significant others.
As a nurse-led model of care, we are seeking applications from Registered Nurses, who have previous experience with coordinating patient care. You will provide person-centred psychosocial care through a multi-disciplinary approach which includes life-style support services for people diagnosed with cancer. The role will encompass, but not be limited to:
- Assess and screen for clinical and supportive care needs and care recipients at risk for adverse clinical and psychosocial outcomes
- Facilitate delivery of cancer care consistent with established evidence-based guidelines, including survivorship and wellness care plans in collaboration with care recipient
- Ensure prompt referral to specialist, allied health and support services
- Facilitate continuity of care between health professionals and across settings for care delivery
- Provide information, education and promote informed choice in treatment and care offerings to empower care recipients.
- Develop 'shared care' partnerships with GPs, contributing to care plans and working collaboratively with GPs, Cancer Care Co-ordinators and specialist consultants to co-manage care recipients.
This position is for a Full-Time role. As a current unrestricted APHRA Registered Nurse, you will be a leader in healthcare and your beliefs and actions will innately align to the organisation's values.
- Minimum two years post registration experience with minimum one year within an environment relevant to chronic disease management and/or oncology specific.
- Demonstrated competence in working within a care team to deliver person-centred coordinated care, including assessment and screening for clinical, psychosocial and supportive care needs.
- Understanding of supports and services available within the community setting.
- Commitment to quality improvement, evidence-based practice and working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Exceptional communicator, with empathy, respect and compassion.
- High level of emotional maturity and intelligence.
- Ability to use judgement, initiative and common sense when performing duties.
COUCH Wellness Centre Values
We value authenticity which fosters feedback and openness to provide informed choice
We value our relationships and believe in accountability and doing what is right
We value others' perspectives, without judgement to benefit mutual learnings
We value the strength of shared goals and the power of meaningful contribution
We value the development of confidence to grow the capacity of the community
Visit couch.org.au for more information on the Charity and holistic integrated cancer care service provided at the COUCH Wellness Centre.
COUCH is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the time of your application.
To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter demonstrating your professional and personal alignment to the COUCH Wellness Centre values, incorporate your 'value-add' to the role and provide examples of your ability to meet the key performance criteria of this position. Please include two current professional referees to contact.
Please email . All applications to be addressed to Mrs Kelli Beardsmore, General Manager - COUCH Wellness Centre.
Referemce NHHWQ 100 02461
- Practice Nurse - Balwyn
- Posted By: Healthcarelink on Demand
- Posted Date: 2020-09-14
- Location:Balwyn VIC 3103
- Our client is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse at their Medical Centre located in Balwyn VIC....