Registered Psychologist/Provisional Psychologist
Be a Part of Something Different!
Active Health Psychology is a Private Psychology clinic based in Townsville and Ingham and specialises in delivering support to children and adolescents. We are passionate about providing a high-quality care to children, adolescents and families, and are seeking a Registered Psychologist/Provisional Psychologist to join our team starting in October 2022. Active Health Psychology are looking for an enthusiastic individual that is keen to engage clients in a range of traditional interventions as well as outdoor active counselling. We are offering a competitive renumeration package based on experience ranging between $60,000 - $85,000 + professional development + Superannuation.
The role is based in Townsville with possible travel to Ingham. We are looking for someone that will be able to provide a range of traditional interventions, conduct psychometric assessments/report writing and engage clients in active counselling sessions. Active counselling is a new and highly effective way to build connections and engage with clients. Active counselling involves low impact exercise outdoors with children and young people alongside psychological interventions. Active counselling is a fantastic way to build connections with clients as well as staying active within your role as a psychologist.
To be eligible for this role you should possess:
- Full registration/Provisional registration as a Psychologist (AHPRA registered).
- Valid QLD Working with Children Check.
- National Criminal history check certificate.
- Current CPR and First Aid certificates.
- Current QLD drivers’ licence.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
How your role will help support our clients:
- Support clients with a range of presenting difficulties such as ADHD, ASD, behavioural difficulties, gaming addictions, bullying, depression, anxiety, stress and more.
- Implement a variety of evidence-based interventions.
- Willing and excited about delivering active based counselling sessions.
- Delivering evidence-based assessments and report writing.
- Administering a range of self-report assessments (e.g. DASS-21, K-10, SDQ) and psycho-metric assessment tools (e.g. ADOS-2, WISC-V, Conners, ABAS-3, BASC-3).
- Work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders to help facilitate the best possible outcomes of our clients (i.e. speech therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists).
- Maintain clear and precise case notes and report writing skills.
- Work collaboratively in a team.
- Have fantastic interpersonal skills, a willingness to learn and an open mind to delivering fun and engaging interventions with our clients.
How we will help you:
- Broad exposure to a diverse client base to expand your experience.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Support and flexibility with personal development and ongoing training.
- Training and support in delivering a range of interventions including active counselling.
- Access to regular on-site supervision and administration support.
- Professional autonomy whilst being supported by the team.
- Established and consistent referral networks and exposure to other stakeholders and health professionals.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Being a part of a positive culture and delivering support to young people and their families in a fun, engaging and niche way.
Nestled along the Ross River in Townsville, Active Health Psychology certainly makes the most of the beautiful scenery and spacious outdoors North Queensland has to offer. Active Health Psychology offers a positive and enjoyable environment and a healthy work-life balance by early finishing times every Friday. A fun and exciting workplace culture, mixed with a stimulating connection of mind and body, Active Health Psychology would love to have you as a part of the team.
- Posted By: Happy Brain Psychology
- Posted Date: 2022-08-18
- Location:Booval QLD 4304
- About the job Are you a NeuroAffirmative Psychologist seeking to make a difference? Do you want t...
- Posted By: Early Intervention Support Services
- Posted Date: 2022-08-17
- Location:All Melbourne VIC
- Amazing Remuneration, Flexible Working Arrangement, UBER Eats Mondays, Monthly activities with AH team (movies, massage, bowling, etc), + More!!!!
- Mental Health Clinician – Mount Isa
- Posted By: Health Workforce
- Posted Date: 2022-08-15
- Location:mount isa QLD 4825
- Are you a registered psychologist, clinical psychologist, mental health accredited social worker, mental health accredited registered nurse or mental health accredited occupational therapist? Applicants who...
- Sr Psychologist - Positive Behaviour Support
- Posted By: Autism 360™
- Posted Date: 2022-08-15
- Location:All Australia
- About the job Looking for a career change in the new Financial year? At Autism 360 we are hiring ...