Rural GP VMO | DPA | MMM5 | Mixed Billings
- : Elective Recruitment
- : 01-Nov-2019
- : New South Wales NSW
This is an exciting opportunity to utilise and enhance your rural practice skills across a combined general practice and local rural hospital setting.
You will join a friendly and supportive practice in a team of 3 GPs, 2 GP Registrars and 1 Level 1 OTD.
You will also have the opportunity to provide teaching and supervision to registrars and medical students.
The practice is the only facility in the town and is located within walking distance to the main street and pharmacy, and only 3 minutes drive to the hospital.
You will see approximately 6,000 - 7,000 patients per annum, excluding hospital work.
The hours are Monday to Friday – 9am – 6pm with after hours cover provided by our GP’s via the local hospital. The on call requirement is currently 1 in 4 or 5 weekends and 1 day during the week.
You will be comfortable with emergency work, and keen to learn and develop new skills.
Obstetrics, Anaesthetics or Surgical skills are highly desirable if recognised.
With a 60% of practice billings and 70% of hospital billings your annual income will be in the range of $200,000 to $350,000+ for 8 sessions a week plus on call.
You will also be eligible to receive the Rural Incentive payment grant between $12,000 to $23,000, plus grants are available for emergency and other CPD up to $16,000 per annum.
The practice is located in a modern building, fully air conditioned with 8 consult rooms and procedures room. The practice is fully computerised using Medical Director and Pracsoft software.
The practice is fully supported by nursing and allied health staff, as well as visiting medical specialists.
You will service quite a large area around the region with approximately 10% of the community being aboriginal.
The hospital has 24 beds including an emergency department, a modern operating theatre and x-ray facilities. All doctors obtain Visiting Medical Officer status and provide all services in the hospital. The roster is approximately 1 in 5 and generally comprises a week night and every fifth weekend, a weekend comprising Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Pre-fellowship, doctors are required to be supervised and the principal GP will be second on call, available to be called in at any time, or available by phone at any time, depending on the level of supervision required.
The main referral hospital is Wagga Wagga Rural Referral Hospital, 100km away. Transfers are also made to Canberra or Sydney by helicopter when required.
You will be living in a medium sized country town with a population of 7,000. The township is surrounded by broadacre farming, sheep and cattle, as well as rice and orchards on irrigated land. It is situated on the Murrumbidgee River in southern New South Wales.
Here you will enjoy an idyllic country lifestyle with no traffic allowing you to go home for lunch if you like.
Flights leave daily for Sydney, and flights leave Wagga Wagga daily for Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.
To be eligible for this position you must hold FACRRM or FRACGP or be close to completing your Fellowship.
Advanced skills in emergency, surgery, anaesthetics are desirable but not essential, a willingness to learn however is a must.
New Fellows are encouraged to apply.
** LOCUMS ALSO NEEDED URGENTLY - APPLY WITHIN **
- DWS/DPA General Practitioner (VR GP) - Busy Practi...
- Posted By: Glenmore Park Mediclinic
- Posted Date: 2019-11-13
- Location:Glenmore Park NSW 2745
- DPA/DWS Availability, quickly establish patient base, fantastic team, full Allied Health Services
- General Practitioner VR Fellow GP - 75 to 80% Bill...
- Posted By: Casey Gate Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2019-11-12
- Location:Narre Warren South VIC 3805
- Financially rewarding, Flexible working hours and conditions, Negotiable terms, Opportunity for Partnership
- General Practitioner
- Posted By: One Stop Medical
- Posted Date: 2019-11-11
- Location:Mackay QLD 4740
- Friendly practice; beautiful regional coastal town
- Earn up to $400,000/annum, DWS sites in WA
- Posted By: The Wishing Well Clinic
- Posted Date: 2019-11-10
- Location:West Busselton WA 6280
- Earn up to $400,000 a year on your 70%. Training will be given to do so.
- General Practitioner - LOCUMS at our Family Practi...
- Posted By: Family Practice Medical Centres
- Posted Date: 2019-11-09
- Location:Kallangur QLD 4503
- We urgently seeking LOCUMS at our Family Practice across QLD/NSW Take the stress out of continual...