SafeKIDS Team Leader
- : Act for Kids
- : 27-Oct-2020
- : Cairns QLD 4870
Act for Kids is a prominent provider of free prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2019 - 2020 we provided services to 44,894 people, including over 29,000 children.
Our unique multidisciplinary teams provide integrated therapy, sexual abuse counselling, safe houses in remote Indigenous communities, information, advice and referral services, intensive family support and preschools designed for children with additional development needs to ensure we set them up for success at school.
About the job
The Team Leader for SafeKIDS will join a professional, compassionate and friendly team based at our Cairns residential service on the north side of Cairns. The role is full time and fixed term until 31 December 2023.
Your demonstrated out of home care practice and leadership skills will ensure you effectively provide a supportive and culturally sensitive home environment to the children and young people in the house. You will achieve successful outcomes through empowering leadership, and the proficient management of the day-to-day service requirements such as; following a budget, rostering, and ensuring the care of children is always in-line with the Hope & Healing Framework. Responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of direct care team members in providing quality trauma informed care aligned to the Hope & Healing Framework to children placed within a therapeutic service model;
- Working closely with the Program Coordinator on the day to day running of the house and care of the children;
- Lead the team in the creation and fostering of a warm, structured, secure environment and maintain an accepting and supportive relationship with family and community contacts for the children;
- Support the Program Coordinator with activities as required to achieve compliance and participation in audit;
- Provide supervision, line management, support and leadership to House Parents and Residential Support Workers.
- Work as part of the larger SafeKIDS team to enhance child protection outcomes for the children, young people and families being provided with a service.
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (allied health, social work, human services); or a recognised qualification as outlined in the Strengthening the Queensland Residential Care Workforce – Minimum Qualification Standards Information Sheet;
- Hope & Healing Foundations Framework certificate.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of cultural safety in out of home care;
- Significant people leadership and experience with managing performance;
- Knowledge of child protection, attachment and trauma theories/research and the ability to apply this to Indigenous contexts;
- Experience managing, leading and implementing residential or out-of-home care services for vulnerable children and young people;
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to communicate and work effectively with families from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.Eligibility for a positive
- Working with Children Check in the applicable state of employment in Australia or exemption based on professional qualifications and registration.
- Willingness to undergo and pass a Suitability Check to be engaged in the provision of care services by licensed out-of-home care service providers under the Child Protection Act 1999 and Child Protection Regulation 2011
With over 70% of our SafeKIDS team members identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
About the pay
- Position is classified Level 5.1 – 5.3 under the SCHCADS award;
- Salary range is $80,305 - $83,941 plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time).
- In addition, as a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ, which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits
- Strong values based organisation
- Excellent professional development options (including annual professional development fund opportunities)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Study Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program including Health & Well-being Portal
- Excellent family friendly and flexible work environment.
No Similar Jobs Found.