Smithton – General Practitioner VMO
- : Ochre Health Medical Centres
- : 19-Jun-2020
- : Smithton TAS 7330
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Rural General Practitioner (VMO) to join our busy practice in Smithton and also provide VMO services to Smithton District Hospital.
Smithton is a farming town in the North West of Tasmania approximately 85kms west of Burnie. With stunning beaches and islands in either direction along the coast, and the world famous Tarkine rainforest a short drive to the South, the region provides ample fodder for adventure. Gardeners may also want to throw down roots, as the rich red soil of the region and good rainfall make the North-West region Tasmania’s most fertile and productive agricultural land.
The practice has the capability for 7 full time GP VMOs who will share the on-call roster. The Hospital has 12 acute care beds, emergency services, midwifery clinic and visiting specialists.Benefits
- Exceptional earning potential
- MM5 and DPA location
- Reduction in your moratorium
- Eligible for RVTS and the ACRRM Independent Pathway
- Eligible for Procedural Grants and GPRIP payments
- Car, accommodation and relocation assistance provided
- Practice is supported by visiting Allied Health, and Registered Nurses to assist with CDM, immunisations and women’s health
- Boost your income by participating on the VMO roster 1:4 to 1:6
- $1,200 daily VMO rate
- General Registration or Vocational Registration with AHPRA
- Proficient with common general practice conditions
- Current Emergency Medicine certificate (ALS2 / REST or equivalent)
- Recent experience in an unsupervised Emergency setting
To apply for this position or to discuss other opportunities with Ochre Health, please contact our national recruitment team
No Similar Jobs Found.