Social Worker or Psychologist
- : HammondCare
- : 15-May-2020
- : Gosford NSW 2250
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
HammondCare works to provide its staff with support, career development opportunities, education, responsibility and recognition, work/life balance, and satisfying roles.Why work for HammondCare?
We can offer you a rewarding career with a values driven, innovative organisation. When you join the Residential Car team you are joining a professional team that has many growth and development opportunities.
We will also provide you with:
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- Role security and work/life balance
- Career progression opportunities
- A competitive salary
- Salary Packaging and other benefits offered through our exclusive employee benefits program; and
- A supportive work environment
The role of Social Worker/Psychologist works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to reduce emotional distress and enhance and promote the well being of the residents of the Specialist Dementia Care Program and their representatives. The Specialist Dementia Care Unit provides care for people who experience very severe behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia and are unable to be supported in a mainstream aged care service. The role meets this key requirement through working closely with the Specialist Dementia Care Program (SDCP) Manager as part of the SDCP multidisciplinary team at Cardiff.
- Contribute to the assessment of residents’ needs, abilities and behaviours and contribute to the individual resident care planning.
- Collaborate with the SDCP team to develop strategies to support residents with challenging behaviours
- Provide support to staff and facilitate opportunities for debrief of incidents and case studies of individual residents
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.
- Social Worker or registered Psychologist
- Strong experience and knowledge in dementia care and mental health for older persons
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills to lead and influence.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Please ensure your CV is up to date and your cover letter addresses the selection criteria and then hit “APPLY NOW”
All short-listed applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check, will be required to attend to a functional assessment and must provide evidence of a 2020 vaccination for the influenza virus.
No Similar Jobs Found.