Speech Pathologist (Casual)
- : KidzWish Foundation
- : 12-May-2020
- : Unanderra NSW 2526
- Temporary – full time/ part time position
- Attractive coastal location in the southern Illawarra region – enjoy a relaxed beach lifestyle
- Work in an interdisciplinary team of experienced Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
- Supportive team work and collaboration
- Diverse caseload of paediatric disability clients
- Flexible work arrangements
- Autonomy over caseload and client management
- Professional development supported
- Attractive salary packaging options
- Join an exciting time in the changing role of the early childhood disability sector as we transition to the full roll-out of the NDIS
1. Based on participant goals develop, implement and evaluate individual and group based speech pathology programs. Ensure that these programs are flexible and modify their content based on the goals and plans of the participants at any time.
2. Ensure speech pathology programs are delivered in a family centred context, and in collaboration with families adjust delivery to respond to the functional needs of the child and family.
3. Maintain a clinical caseload of children and young people including assessment, planning, implementation, recording and evaluation related to: speech pathology services supporting Early Childhood Intervention, acquisition of communication skills, development of personal care skills (swallowing, eating and drinking), use of augmentative communication systems or other speech pathology related areas identified in a participant’s goals.
4. Ensure that speech pathology programs are delivered in ways that are consistent with the National Disability Insurance Scheme principles including: that the child/young person and their family are at the centre of decision making, that all speech pathology programs are evidence based and that the individual therapist takes responsibility for maintaining their professional skill base.
5. Work collaboratively within a team of allied health professionals to facilitate children and young people achieving their goals and increasing their functional skills.
6. Maintain all clinical, goal attainment and service documentation to meet the requirements of funding bodies, including the NDIS and the administrative requirements of Kidzwish. Participate in collecting/recording feedback from service users and responding to this feedback as required.
7. Establish and maintain linkages with a range of community agencies to ensure families can access a range of supports as required.
8. Respect the rights of others at all times. Work in accordance with the Kidzwish Code of Conduct and the Clients Rights and Responsibilities policy.
9. Support and uphold the values of the Kidzwish Foundation in all work activities.
10. Maintain current professional knowledge and skills, including annual mandatory training in Child Protection, WHS and regular (monthly) clinical support established within the team and wider community of practice.
11. Ensure an understanding of a billable hours administrative environment and work in accordance with this requirement to maximise organisational sustainability.
12. Assist the team in assessing and continuously improving the quality of therapy services at Kidzwish.
Please attach CV to your application as well as a document addressing selection criteria:
KidzWish is delivers speech and occupational therapy, support work and assisted programs built on a family centred approach, through individual and group sessions at home, preschool, school and within the community. We provide support workers to assist children with social skills, personal confidence and community participation and offer respite to our KidzWish families.
Our assisted programs are made up of Music and Dance program, Sports Academy, an interactive games session, and parent and sibling support groups.
- Senior Speech Pathologist
- Posted By: The Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne
- Posted Date: 2020-06-03
- Location:Melbourne VIC 3000
- RCH Mental Health Ongoing part-time role - 0.2 EFT Based at Parkville campus Ideally suits ...
- Speech Pathologist- Springfield
- Posted By: Youthrive
- Posted Date: 2020-06-02
- Location:Springfield Central QLD 4300
- About the role We are looking for an experienced Speech Pathologist to join our growing Springfie...
- Speech Pathologist - Casual
- Posted By: Eastern Health
- Posted Date: 2020-05-29
- Location:Forest Hill VIC 3131
- Speech Pathologist – Casual Choose when you work Generous employee benefits Work in a rewa...
- Speech Pathologist - Paediatric Services
- Posted By: Latrobe Community Health Service
- Posted Date: 2020-05-29
- Location:Mornington Peninsula & Bass Coast VIC
- Latrobe Valley or Bass Coast (location negotible), full-time permanent (part time negotiable) ...