Speech Pathologist - School Based - Emmaus College, JIMBOOMBA
- : Brisbane Catholic Education’s School Services
- : 28-May-2020
- : All Brisbane QLD
About the role
As a member of our school team, you will work collaboratively to provide a range of speech pathology services that promote and support effective inclusive practice. The support you provide will be responsive to our school’s context, maintain a student-specific focus, and complement services provided through Brisbane Catholic Education’s School Services.
Emmaus College is a Prep to Year 12 co-educational ecumenical College which fosters Christian unity through its active partnership with the local Anglican, Catholic, Lutheran and Uniting churches. In 2020 the College has a P-12 enrolment of 1478 students.
Emmaus is located on 21 hectares in a quiet bushland setting at 48 East Street, Jimboomba. It has been built to cater for the educational and faith needs of the Jimboomba, Beaudesert and surrounding communities. ’Excellence in learning within a contemporary Christian community’ is the vision that shapes the Emmaus learning community.
- Develop, implement and evaluate speech pathology services to promote student communication, learning and well-being outcomes
- Optimise the quality of service outcomes in partnership with the school community
- Maintain standards of practice and competencies consistent with Speech Pathology Australia and BCE policies and guidelines>/span>
Qualifications & Registration
- Speech Pathology qualifications
- Blue Card or QCT registration
Skills & Experience
- Clinical competence in differential diagnosis and intervention for children/adolescents with communication difficulties and the capacity to effectively apply this knowledge and expertise within the educational or other organisational contexts.
- Experience working within educational environments
- Experience working collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams
- Problem solving skills
- Communication and networking skills
The successful applicant will receive:
- Speech Pathology supervision
- Professional development with school staff
- Speech pathology specific professional development with the BCE speech pathology community
- Access to latest technology
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Please submit your application online summarising your suitability for the role and demonstrate how your skills, knowledge and attributes will enable you to deliver the key results (refer to the Role Description) areas and perform the role successfully.
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Speech Pathologist Salary Scale - $68,036 to $93,032 per annum plus Super
No Similar Jobs Found.