Speech Pathologist / Teacher of The Deaf (Darwin)
- : Royal Institute for Deaf & Blind Children
- : 28-May-2020
- : Darwin NT 800
18-month Parental Leave Role
8 weeks of annual leave (pro-rata for part-time)
Who we are:
Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) is Australia’s largest non-government provider of therapy, education and diagnostic services for people with hearing or vision loss. We provide quality and innovative services to achieve the best outcomes for current and future generations of Australians with vision or hearing impairment. We combine comprehensive services and focused expertise, with genuine care and real-world experience to make a difference to over 9,000 children, adults, families and professionals each year. We are strategically evolving to provide a new era of service provision for Australians with vision or hearing loss, their families, and the professionals who support them.
Why join us?
Be part of a team that puts clients at the heart of everything we do. Across Australia, we ensure that people with vision or hearing impairment are given equal access to communication, education, literacy, therapy and health services that will enable a life where nothing holds them back. With us, every day offers the opportunity to innovate, learn, and share knowledge. If you thrive as part of a diverse, purpose-led team, who make a difference, come and join us!
What you will be doing:
In addition to comprehensive paediatric and adult hearing implant services, RIDBC provides client and family centred early intervention, education and related therapy services to children and adults with hearing loss. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and motivated team of professionals while independently managing an allocated caseload.
We are seeking a qualified Speech Pathologist to work collaboratively within our skilled, multidisciplinary team to provide high quality assessment and intervention to clients with hearing and vision impairments; including support for the hearing implantation journey with clients and their families. The successful applicant will be part of a supportive and highly motivated transdisciplinary team of occupational therapists, teachers, speech pathologists, physiotherapists, orthoptists and access technology consultants. We have a family centred philosophy and offer a combination of home based and centre based services.
This role will provide services within the Darwin site and Outreach Clinics.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Speech Pathology and current registration with Speech Pathology Australia
- Auslan Skills are highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience working with children with sensory impairment and additional needs desirable
- Generalist experience across 0-18year paediatric population as well as adults with a keen interest in consolidating and applying skills working within a dynamic, changing environment
- Proven ability to select and perform a range of assessments, developmental checklists, and devise appropriate programs and interventions
- Work autonomously as well as the ability to work collaboratively with a small local team
- Strong appreciation and understanding of technology and an aptitude for learning
- Well-developed communication, presentation and computer skills
- Familiarity with the National Disability Insurance Scheme and understanding of the implications for Speech pathology service delivery
- Previous experience working effectively within multi-disciplinary teams would be desirable
- A current NT drivers’ licence
- Working with Children Check in accordance with NT Child Protection legislation
- Criminal Record Check (obtained within the last 6 months)
- Full-time Paediatric Speech Pathologist
- Posted By: Gotcha Talking
- Posted Date: 2020-07-02
- Location:Gregory Hills NSW 2557
- Supervision provided PD encouraged and provided Laptop and phone included Salary revised annually based on KPIs
- Express your Interest - Speech Pathologist
- Posted By: Best Start Clinic
- Posted Date: 2020-06-30
- Location:Brighton VIC 3186
- There are currently no positions open at Best Start Clinic. However, due to the high level of intere...
- Speech Pathologist - Community based - near Sydney...
- Posted By: HealthcareLink On-Demand
- Posted Date: 2020-06-30
- Location:All Sydney NSW
- Travel Allowance, flexible working days
- Speech Pathologist - Casual
- Posted By: Eastern Health
- Posted Date: 2020-06-29
- Location:Forest Hill VIC 3131
- Speech Pathologist – Casual Choose when you work Generous employee benefits Work in a rewa...