Speech Pathologist - Warwick & Stanthorpe
SPEECH PATHOLOGIST JOB OPPORTUNITY - WARWICK/STANTHORPE - QLD
The Physiotherapy Centre based in Warwick and Stanthorpe is looking for a motivated Speech Pathologist to join our growing multidisciplinary team.
Enjoy working alongside 11 Physiotherapists, 3 Occupational Therapists, 2 Speech Pathologists, an Exercise Physiologist and a Remedial Massage Therapist, .
We have a great New Grad Program which assists them to ease into the work place with longer consultation times and weekly reviews with senior practioners. Previous New Graduates have really valued our structured mentor program.
We strive to find out what area of interest employees have and work hard to promote that area through advertising, purchasing needed equipment and paying for professional development as we believe people should enjoy their work!
We endeavour to make sure each practitioner has a varied case load to avoid any burn out and to keep things interesting! If a preferred area of specialisation develops we look to channel that type of work to their direction as best we can.
A little about the area
- Warwick less than 2 hours from Brisbane, Stanthorpe 2.5 hours from Brisbane
- Home by 5.05pm - no traffic congestion!
- Plenty of sporting clubs, gyms and other community activities to get involved in
- Stanthorpe is also well known for its growing wine industry, bush parklands and large granite rock attractions for the active person with great 4WD, camping, rock climbing experiences nearby for the more adventurous at heart.
This link also gives a bit of a reminder of what our beautiful region is like.
Skills & Experience
New grads and experienced physiotherapists are welcome to apply
- Show initiative, and demonstrate ability to work independently as well as part of a mutli- disciplinary team
- Strong ability to build rapport with patients and exercise good clinical reasoning
- Speech Pathology Degree, SPA Registration
- Drivers license and own vehicle required
- Police Check & PI Insurance
Duties & Responsibilities
- Speech Pathology: varied case load
- Paediatrics to working with eldery
- Home visits, School visits, Aged Care, NDIS, DVA, some private caseloads
- Early learning classes
- Swallowing and communication
- Collaboration with OT's and Physio's
- May be required to work in both Warwick and Stanthorpe branches
- Support is offered from other staff as well as the opportunity to work independently
- Graduate Mentor Program and clinical supervision
- Can be flexible to be part time, up to 38 hours full time work.
- Can be flexible with start and finish times each day.
- Minimum of 12 months contract for permanent full time work, with view to renew for at least another 12 months
- $76, 500 package for new grads. There are other bonus incentives in addition to this.
- Higher remuneration in accordance with experience.
The local council has also put together a New Residents Kit which is valued around $7, 000 for people new to the area, which assists with new residents to settle into the region. This coupled with the Relocation Tax Subsidy that we can offer, and the Furthering Education Scholarship capped at $5,000 offered by the government is quite a good incentive for anyone moving to the region
Apply now! Job No: AHHWQ 2465
No Similar Jobs Found.