- : Access Your Supports
- : 21-Aug-2020
- : Geelong VIC 3220
ACCESS YOUR SUPPORTS is a Geelong based organisation that provides support and services to eligible participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). With offices in Geelong, Colac and Mildura and over 150 employees, AYS is dedicated to ensuring participants have choice and control to best assist participants to achieve their NDIS goals.
Come and be a part of the AYS team. We’re not just supporting people but supporting each other to raise the bar higher for the best outcomes for our participants.
About your new role
Your role will be supporting those with speech and communication including assessment and intervention, planning, trial and implementation of alternative and augmentative communication systems. This will all be through a person-centred approach collaborating with the person and their support team. You will enjoy a varied caseload within our therapy hub and out in the community.
Working as a part of an experienced multi-disciplinary team, you will plan, monitor and review participant outcomes in line with NDIS funding. You will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of abilities and service delivery models with participants predominantly 12 years and older.
- Working with participants from 12 years of age and above to support communication and/or swallowing impairments associated with ASD, intellectual disability, developmental delays, physical disability, learning difficulties and/or acquired brain injury.
- Evidence-based assessment and management of fluency and speech sounds disorders.
- Evidence-based assessment and management of teens and adults who have difficulty communicating verbally; including the provision of appropriate communication strategies and/or alternative and augmented communication devices.
- Providing consultation and education to colleagues across AYS, as well as external stakeholders such as education, medical, dental and other health professionals involved with our participants
- Providing ongoing support, advice and information to participants, families and other significant persons (such as friends, carers and educators) in order to develop more successful communication interactions.
- Bachelor or Master of Speech Pathology from an accredited tertiary institution
- Desired Professional Membership with Speech Pathology Australia
- Desired Certification as a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist
What’s on offer?
- Work life balance
- Competitive hourly rate
- Interdisciplinary peer support and learning
What sets you apart from the rest?
- An ambitious, results driven and solution-oriented individual who enjoys working as part of a driven, positive and collaborative team
- Experienced in supporting children and adults using an evidence-based approach
- Adaptable and can-do attitude to effortlessly adjust to participants' needs and their NDIS plans
- A natural ability to engage and maintain stakeholder relationships and networks
- Demonstrated experience achieving results working with NDIS participants
- We’re an incredible bunch of people
- We’re bold, daring and next level
- We see opportunities where others may not
- We embrace your strengths
- We stand up for the things we believe in and stand together as a team
- We’re a social bunch with regular get togethers
So, what are you waiting for?
Apply today and leap into a rewarding and progressive career with Access Your Supports.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and response to KSC to show you’re right for the job.
In applying for this role, you will be subject to a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. This is a check of an individual’s name against a database held by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) that records individuals who pose a proven risk to the health, safety or welfare of people with a disability living in group homes. If your name is on or is placed on the list, you will be ineligible to work as a disability support worker with AYS.
No Similar Jobs Found.