- : Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children
- : 03-Sep-2020
- : Toowoomba City QLD 4350
Who we are:
Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) is Australia’s largest non-government provider of therapy, education and diagnostic services for people with hearing or vision loss. We provide quality and innovative services to achieve the best outcomes for current and future generations of Australians with vision or hearing impairment. We combine comprehensive services and focused expertise, with genuine care and real-world experience to make a difference to over 9,000 children, adults, families and professionals each year. We are strategically evolving to provide a new era of service provision for Australians with vision or hearing loss, their families, and the professionals who support them.
Why join us?
Be part of a team that puts clients at the heart of everything we do. Across Australia, we ensure that people with vision or hearing impairment are given equal access to communication, education, literacy, therapy and health services that will enable a life where nothing holds them back. With us, every day offers the opportunity to innovate, learn, and share knowledge. If you thrive as part of a diverse, purpose-led team, who make a difference, come and join us!
What you will be doing:
In addition to comprehensive paediatric and adult hearing implant services, RIDBC provides client and family centred early intervention, education and related therapy services to children and adults with hearing loss. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and motivated team of professionals while independently managing an allocated caseload.
We are seeking a qualified Speech Pathologist to work collaboratively within our skilled, multidisciplinary team to provide high quality assessment and intervention to clients with hearing and vision impairments; including support for the hearing implantation journey with clients and their families. The successful applicant will be part of a supportive and highly motivated transdisciplinary team of occupational therapists, teachers, speech pathologists, physiotherapists, orthoptists and access technology consultants. We have a family centred philosophy and offer a combination of home based and centre based services.
The role is based in Toowoomba with occasional travel, as well as access to alternative methods of service delivery using a range of latest technologies including video conferencing to support clients in remote regions.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Speech Pathology and current registration with SPA
- Demonstrated experience working with children with sensory impairment and additional needs
- Generalist experience across 0-18 year paediatric population as well as adults with a keen interest in consolidating and applying skills working within a dynamic, changing environment
- Proven ability to select and perform a range of assessments, developmental checklists, and devise appropriate programs and interventions
- Work autonomously as well as the ability to work collaboratively with a small local team
- Well-developed communication, presentation and technology skills
- Familiarity with the NDIS and an understanding of the implications for Speech Pathology service delivery
- A current QLD drivers licence
- A valid QLD Blue Card in accordance with Child Protection legislation
- Criminal Record Check (obtained within the last 6 months)
No Similar Jobs Found.