- : Mater Health Services North Queensland
- : 12-Nov-2020
- : All Brisbane QLD
About The Role
Mater at Home currently has a wonderful part time (22.5 hours per week) 12 month fixed term contract opportunity for a Speech Pathologist. This role will directly report to the Mater at Home Speech Pathology Clinical Lead.
The purpose of this role is to provide contemporary speech pathology clinical services commensurate with knowledge, skills and ability to eligible clients with congenital, developmental and acquired disorders of feeding, swallowing and communication.
Specifically, the role requires delivery of high quality community based speech pathology services to consumers of the NDIS and other government funding schemes and privately funded consumers seeking treatment in the community. The role will involve skilled clinical management of complex swallowing and communication impairments and requires experience and skill in assisting clients in the use of age appropriate alternative and augmentative communication (AAC) devices.
Salary range: $33.32 - $48.85 (Health Practitioner Level 3) per hour plus superannuation
What You’ll Be Doing
- Deliver speech pathology clinical and consultancy services commensurate with clinical knowledge and skill level to assess, diagnose and provide intervention for clients with developmental and/or acquired communication disorders. Specifically, the ability to provide services to the following clinical group would be required:
- Clients referred by internal and external services, including GPs and VMOs, with a variety of medical diagnoses and/or functional impairments, including clients who are eligible for the NDIS
- Undertake speech pathology tasks which may include examination, investigation, diagnosis, individual or group treatment, and case management within well-established clinical protocols, and participate in quality evaluation of services provided
- Develop and maintain expertise with increasingly independent clinical judgement as expertise builds, ensuring that more complex clinical decision making is made with the clinical practice supervision or professional guidance of more senior clinicians
- Manage information with accurate documentation of clinical and non-clinical activity
- Actively develop clinical practice knowledge and expertise by maintaining and contributing to ongoing professional development as it relates to the clinical activities and responsibilities of the position and the organisation
- About You
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- Possess a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology
- Hold current membership of Speech Pathology Australia (SPA)
- Be eligible to receive a provider number through Medicare
- Hold or be eligible to receive a current Blue Card
- Hold a current open Queensland Driver’s Licence
- Ability to demonstrate at least one year of speech pathology work experience in this clinical area, including specific experience with consumers of, or eligible for, the NDIS with complex developmental and/or acquired communication disorders
- Ability to deliver routine level speech pathology services commensurate with knowledge and skill to assess, diagnose and provide intervention for communication impairments for consumers of, or eligible for, the NDIS
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
No Similar Jobs Found.