Speech Pathologists - Mount Isa, Longreach or Townsville
- Join a leading community, non-profit, primary health care services provider
- up to 10 days paid professional development leave per year
- Multiple opportunities available!
Proposed Commencement Date: 30-05-2022
The organisation is a vibrant, leading not-for-profit provider of community and outreach-based allied health, mental health, aged care, wellbeing, and disability services. They have been providing services to more than 50 communities throughout regional, rural and remote Queensland since 1993. The practice harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary healthcare professionals. They share a commitment to cultural competency, providing a comprehensive and robust model of healthcare service delivery. You’ll have the opportunity to work in rural, remote and regional locations, be part of a supportive, multidisciplinary team and feel rewarded by the real difference we make in people’s lives. Grow, both personally and professionally, and set yourself up for success throughout your career!
Multiple opportunities are available for full-time Speech Pathologists to join the group and be based in Townsville, Longreach or Mount Isa. As part of a supportive, diverse, and multidisciplinary team, you’ll provide speech pathology services in collaboration with a range of specialists. You'll get to treat based on clinical need without the barriers that are often present in private practice funding; offering long-term treatment and prevention strategies. You will work with a diverse range of clients, set your own schedule and have the chance to see the real difference your work makes as you enable rural communities to live and receive high-quality holistic care.
- Administer standardised and informal tests and observe clients to determine the nature and extent of their communication disorders or swallowing difficulties;
- Provide treatment and management of speech, language, learning and communication disorders that may be developmental, part of a disability, acquired as a result of injury or disease; and
- Deliver family centred early childhood intervention strategies
Why join the team?
- The clinical caseload is varied, giving great exposure to a range of different clinical presentations, allowing you to explore all areas of your discipline early on in your career;
- The practice provides genuine community and not-for-profit primary health care services where there is no cost to the client;
- The practice has a great team culture with many early career professionals across our business;
- This allows for strong friendships to be formed and a wealth of peer support to be provided;
- Working with a large multidisciplinary team you will learn about other health disciplines, holistic health care and referral pathways that exist, allowing a wraparound service for your clients;
- If applying as a Graduate, you will be well supported with structured supervision and mentoring.
The practice prides themselves on growing their clinicians to be the best versions of themselves and providing career progression opportunities. At whatever level you join, you'll have ongoing mentorship and support available and the opportunity to choose your own external mentor. Plus, not only will you receive up to 10 days paid professional development leave per year, but in addition to this, up to $10,000 for outside professional development (including flights and accommodation if required)! Whether you are looking for a change of scenery or a new adventure, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution. Have an amazing lifestyle and work life-balance whilst making a real difference to those living in the community - Apply Now!
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role;
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check; and
- Have or be willing to obtain annual influenza and be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Enjoy an attractive starting salary of $71,455 - $91,320 (commensurate with experience) PLUS super and up to $15,900 salary sacrificing!
- Excellent benefits on offer, including flexible working environment, 17.5% leave loading, 5 weeks annual leave, annual return flight home, paid professional development up to $10,000 AND relocation assistance.
- Come for the life experience, stay for the lifestyle!
After Hours Requirements: No
Qualifications & Experience:
You will need to be registered, or eligible to obtain registration with AHPRA and Speech Pathology Australia and have a passion for providing quality healthcare to rural communities. In addition, you will need:
- A combined blue card & NDIS worker screening
- A current, unrestricted 'C' class Australian Driver's Licence
- A combined blue card & NDIS worker screening
- The right to live and work in Australia
About Mount Isa:
Mount Isa Also known as the 'Oasis of the Outback', Mount Isa offers the relaxed lifestyle and close-knit, supportive community of a small town, without sacrificing the amenities of city living. With a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, but none of the traffic or noise, it is a fantastic place for a "tree change", offering something for everyone, regardless of their interests. Home to the biggest rodeo in the southern hemisphere, which draws visitors from around the world, Mount Isa also offers the perfect jumping off point to explore the nearby national parks, and Lake Moondarra reservoir.
For more information on this position, please contact our team!
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.
No Similar Jobs Found.