Staff Specialist Radiology (General) St George Hospital (Full Time Or Part Time)
- : South Eastern Sydney Local Health District
- : 16-Jun-2020
- : Kogarah NSW 2217
Employment Type: Permanent Full or Part Time
Position Classification: Staff Specialist
Hours Per Week: Up to 40
Requisition ID: REQ162636
What you'll be doing
The vision for South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ‘exceptional care, healthier lives’. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
The specialist will provide expert medical assessment and management of patients within the Radiology Department at St George Hospital.
Our staff strive to provide excellence in healthcare and uphold a high standard of care for all patients, families, carers and visitors to our facilities.
At the core of our organisation is a set of values - Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment.
SESLHD covers nine Local Government Areas from Sydney's Central Business District to the Royal National Park and has a culturally and linguistically diverse population of over 930,000 people, which includes highly urbanised areas of eastern Sydney, southern Sydney and industrialised areas around Port Botany.
SESLHD covers urban and suburban communities and manages eight public hospitals and one public nursing home:
• Calvary Healthcare Sydney (third schedule with Little Company of Mary Health Care)
• Prince of Wales Hospital
• Royal Hospital for Women
• St George Hospital
• Sutherland Hospital
• Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital
• War Memorial Hospital (third schedule with Uniting Care)
• Gower Wilson Memorial
• Garrawarra Centre
SESLHD also operates 28 Child and Family Health Centres, 12 Community Health Centres and nine Oral Health Clinics; providing prevention, early intervention and community-based treatment, palliative care and rehabilitation services.
Drug and Alcohol, Mental Health, Breast screening, HIV/AIDS, Public Health, Women's Health, Youth Health, Sexual Health, Imaging and Pathology services are provided at a number of facilities across SESLHD.
The primary location of this position is at St George Hospital but may be varied as agreed with the Director of Clinical Services and as approved by MDAAC to other facilities in SESLHD.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
1. Registration or eligible for registration with Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA). Candidate to provide AHPRA Registration Number on application.
2. Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists and/or equivalent specialist recognition as provided for by the Health Insurance Act 1973 and the relevant Award/Determination. Applicants expecting to be awarded their Fellowship within 3 months may also be considered.
3. Evidence of continuing medical education and self-monitoring/audit practices consistent with the scope of practice requirements of the position.
4. Proven capacity and/or experience in the provision of effective high quality service in the specialty, demonstrated through successful clinical practice in an environment appropriate to the requirements of the position including evidence of participation in quality improvement activities relevant to the specialty.
5. Demonstrated commitment to teaching with experience in teaching both undergraduate and post graduate students and other staff of the hospital.
6. Demonstrate the skills and attitudes appropriate as a senior Medical Practitioner including modelling a high standard of professional behaviour to junior medical staff.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with medical and other health services colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, colleagues, and staff and to work as an effective member of the clinical team across multiple sites. Demonstrated commitment to provision of a high standard of clinical care in the public sector setting.
8. Demonstrated experience in and commitment to research relevant to the role and needs of the Department.
This is a Category A position. All Category A applicants must read and understand NSW Health Policy PD2018_009.
Successful applicants to the role must provide vaccination history and pathology as part of the application documentation, and be certified as compliant before employment can commence.
No Similar Jobs Found.