Visiting Medical Officer - General Practice Obstetrics - Young
- : Murrumbidgee Local Health District
- : 26-Jun-2020
- : East Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
Visiting Medical Officer - GP Obstetrics – Young District Hospital
The Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) has over 3,500 staff, 33 Public Hospitals, including 2 Base Hospitals, 8 Acute Community Hospitals and 16 Multi-Purpose Services. A progressive organisation, Murrumbidgee LHD continues to make significant achievements in improving health services and strives to provide a compassionate health care system that consistently delivers the highest standard of care to people, no matter where they live.
Communities we support are diverse, with approximately 245,000 people in communities large and small, across a geographic area of approximately 125,561 square kilometres. Murrumbidgee Local Health District (MLHD) spans across southern New South Wales, stretching from the Snowy Mountains in the east to the plains of Hillston in the northwest and all the way along the Victorian border.
Young District Hospital provides emergency, medical, surgical, and maternity services. Of the 37 beds, there are 6 surgery beds and five bassinets. Mercy Care Young adjoins the facility and provides a 26 bed sub-acute rehabilitation and palliative care service. A full range of community health services including community nursing, allied health and mental health services are also delivered by the local team and provide outreach to surrounding communities.
Learn more about the benefits and lifestyle of Young
Obstetrics at Young
Young is a level 3 maternity service providing care for women with low to moderate risks. There are approximately 140-180 births per year, and the service accommodates mothers and babies transferred for postnatal care from the referral centres. The service is staffed by Registered Midwives, and includes a 24 hour back up on call roster.
Wagga is the nearest referral centre for women requiring complex care, and Canberra is the nearest tertiary referral centre. Both facilities are approximately 130km distance from Young.
Facilities include five designated maternity beds, a birthing unit and a level 2 neonatal care service. Young has a student midwifery program, an antenatal shared care program and performs elective and emergency caesarean sections. Planning is in progress for installation of a purpose built maternity bath.
A Visiting Medical Officer is required to provide GP Procedural services in Obstetrics at Young District Hospital. The VMO will provide a high level of clinical care to patients and participate in the on call roster. The successful applicant will possess DRANZCOG Advanced and Fellowship of RACGP or ACRRM.
Murrumbidgee Local Health District requires Visiting Medical Officers to participate in service and policy development as well as an involvement with education, training and quality projects activities. In accepting the position the incumbent will agree to support core NSW public sector values of cultural diversity, equity and ethical practice, and a healthy, safe and fair workplace.
- General Practitioner (GP) - Castle Hill - 70% Bill...
- Posted By: Crane Road Medical Centre
- Posted Date: 2020-07-04
- Location:Castle Hill NSW 2154
- Fast growing ,With new train line in operation (only 50 metres from Castle hill station and bus terminal )
- VR GP | Private Billing | 3 month retainer of $160...
- Posted By: Mitcham GP
- Posted Date: 2020-07-02
- Location:Melbourne VIC 3000
- Mitcham General Practice is a new, purpose built clinic 10 minutes from the CBD. We are a private bi...
- GP for modern, busy clinic in the sunshine Plaza
- Posted By: Medpods Medical Centre Maroochydore
- Posted Date: 2020-07-02
- Location:Maroochydore QLD 4558
- Our busy clinic is located inside the bustling Maroochydore Sunshine Plaza which is the largest shopping centre on the Sunshine Coast.
- VR General Practitioner (GP) | Relocation Assista...
- Posted By: My New Life Health Centre
- Posted Date: 2020-07-01
- Location:Carrara QLD 4211
- Good income opportunity as a full-time permanent General Practitioner in Gold Coast, opportunity to move in the best city in Australia.