- : Uniting
- : 10-Nov-2020
- : Waverley NSW 2024
War Memorial Hospital (WMH) is a 3rd Schedule Aged Rehabilitation hospital, situated in Waverley, owned and operated by Uniting and part of the South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD). Services are comprised of 24 hour inpatient care, Monday to Friday outpatient departments, several specialist community teams inclusive of Transitional Aged Care, Aged Care Assessment Team, Geriatric Flying Squad, Young Onset Dementia, 7 day a week day centre, 24 hour accommodation service for regional guests and the full range of hospital support services. It is set within beautiful tranquil grounds and is a well-supported team environment.
The physiotherapist’s role is to plan, coordinate and deliver high quality physiotherapy care to clients of War Memorial Hospital, consistent with South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) and Uniting policies, procedures and standards.
This position is an integral part of a small team of physiotherapists, who work with a multidisciplinary team. This is a rotational position providing rehabilitation across a variety of settings – inpatients, outpatients, aquatic physiotherapy and the integrated Rehabilitation and Enablement program (iREAP).
This position is full time permanent role.
1. Degree or Post-Graduate Qualification in Physiotherapy and current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
2. Experience working as a physiotherapist in aged care and/or rehabilitation
3. Demonstrated ability to provide comprehensive client centred assessment, outlining clinical reasoning, and care plan development in consultation with the client, carer and multidisciplinary team
4. Demonstrated ability to provide safe and effective therapeutic interventions in both individual and group modes which maximise improvements in clients’ functional abilities
5. Proven high level written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to proactively engage with patients/clients and the MDT to enhance service delivery
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to exercise independent professional judgement on routine matters, commensurate with years of experience
7. Computer skills and the capacity to use health information systems
8. Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement and evidence based practice and a commitment to ongoing clinical and professional learning
No Similar Jobs Found.