- : MTC Australia
- : 15-Sep-2020
- : All Sydney NSW
About MTC Australia
MTC Australia is a leading social enterprise committed to creating opportunities for people to gain employment, skills training, work experience and career planning. Our Education and Training division is focused on ensuring that all young people are supported and resourced to pursue their goals, and become productive members of the community.
Links to Learning is a Community Grants Program that aims to improve education, employment and life outcomes for students in Years 6-11. Our Youth Advisors work in schools to provide support and strategies to encourage school engagement through delivery of group workshops and individual support.
About the Role
We are seeking a passionate Youth Advisor to join our team. Working across South Western Sydney within schools you will be required to:
- Facilitate a targeted program that empowers students to tackle their personal, social and educational barriers
- Successfully manage and engage a large group of students
- Provide individual assistance to students to improve their school engagement
- Communicate and liaise effectively with school staff including Principals
- Track students’ progress through case notes and reporting processes
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Qualifications in Welfare, Youth, Education or related field
- Experience working with at-risk young people and an understanding of the issues they face ideally in a culturally diverse environment
- Experience in group facilitation
- Demonstrated experience working within school and/or alternative training environment
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Current NSW Driver’s License and your own car to be able to travel to schools to deliver the program
No Similar Jobs Found.