Innisfail is town of approximately 20,000 people located in the Cassowary Coast Region in Far North Queensland. Known for its fishing and farming (sugar cane, tea, bananas, pawpaws and coffee) industries, Innisfail is a picturesque town, based on the banks of the North and South Johnstone Rivers and has a large diverse range of Art Deco buildings. The town has a vibrant retail centre with some national stores and many smaller locally owned speciality shops.
The district offers public and private schooling as well as a TAFE College. Innisfail has a newly refurbished hospital with helipad and has aged care facilities.
Cairns is just a 1 hour drive north and offers plenty of tourist activities and has an international airport. There are also 2 universities - JCU and CQU. Beautiful beaches, including Mission Beach a popular tourist destination along the Coral Sea Coast, with links to Dunk and Bedarra Islands. Innisfail is also home to the multi award winning tourist attraction Paronella Park. The Atherton Tablelands is just a 1 hour drive up the Palmerston Highway, leading to rainforests, crater lakes, the Herberton Heritage Village, Kuranda and Yungaburra markets, hot air ballooning and Tinaroo Dam.
Innisfail offers a relaxed lifestyle, and is a lovely place to raise a family. It is a friendly community that provides plenty of sporting opportunities including football, tennis, squash, lawn bowls, golf, pony club, martial arts, dancing, cricket, rowing, swimming, netball and basketball. There are also 2 fully equipped Gyms and a ladies only gym.
The practice is seeking motivated and enthusiastic GP/Skin Cancer doctors for our dynamic and new state of the art practice located in Innisfail, North Qld.
Positions will suit doctors aspiring to undergo a fellowship with the SCCA as full training and supervision will be provided by leading Skin Cancer practitioners.
Great pay rates will be offered and negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
The practice is based in an area of need so DWS positions are available.
There are no on call or after hours commitments for this position.
Doctors must hold current AHPRA Registration or be eligible for it. Can only offer Level 3 and 4 supervision.
This new Skin and General Practice centre is located on the main road into Innisfail with pathology and pharmacy co-located.
The modern centre will be fully computerised and fitted with the latest up to date skin surgery equipment. There are 2 fully equipped theatres, a recovery room and 4 consulting rooms.
Opening hours will be 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Saturday hours to be advised depending on patient needs. The centre is closed Sundays and public holidays.
As a new practice it will be registered for accreditation pending for 12 months. This will be a mixed billing practice with nurse support. Strong focus on quality patient care is a must and a positive, team orientated attitude is required.
Why is FNQH different:
- Formal skin cancer training including regular journal club meetings. Mentorship available from some of the top skin cancer practitioners in Australia.
- MyScan equipment (Serial Digital Monitoring)
- Sedation anesthetic capable
- Total Body Photography, Photodynamic Therapy and Bluelight therapy
- Fully equipped theaters and all advanced Skin Surgery instruments including skin staples
- Ability for both Skin Cancer and GP work
- Possibility of great remuneration
- Great work life balance - no on calls or after hours.
- Education packages including clinical attachments with some of the top skin cancer practitioners provided by FNQH.
- Family run clinics with a vibrant friendly non corporate environment
- Able to sponsor visa if required.
- Entrepreneurial aspirations encouraged and can be accommodated.