Speech Pathologist wanted in Wollondilly, Camden & Wingecarribee, NSW
Job Title: Speech Pathologist wanted for a community work in Wollondilly, Camden, Campbelltown and Wingecarribee, NSW
Hours: 40 Hours a Week (Flexible for Part Time)
Locations: Wollondilly, Camden, Campbelltown and Wingecarribee , NSW
About the Role:
- We are looking for a Full Time / Part Time Speech Pathologist who enjoys working in community and providing support to all the members of the community to assist them achieve positive personal and community outcomes.
- You will be working for a growing not-for-profit non-government organisation that requires a motivated, forward thinking Speech Pathologist.
- The successful candidate may be required to travel across all funded areas.
- You will be reporting to the Allied Health Manager and required to provide supports to clients, possible caregivers and to other relevant stakeholder organisations.
- You will be working with children and/or adults depending on your experience and preference.
- You will have to gather information using assessments, conversations, observations & play-based approaches.
- Creating treatment and therapy plans to suit the individualised needs of a diverse population of clients.
- Identify facilitators and barriers within a person’s environment.
- Develop person-centred goals collaboratively with individuals and their families.
- Empower and build capacity of people, families and communities.
- Regularly evaluate progress and outcomes, using relevant outcomes measures and discuss outcomes with people, family, medical professionals and stakeholders.
- Write reports in a timely and professional manner & maintain full accurate records relating to client’s conditions, care plans, therapies and progress.
- Work with your team to achieve its purpose and to drive positive results.
- Performing screenings to detect communication disorders.
- Facilitating school holiday social skills programs.
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication- implementing prescribed equipment and working collaboratively with organisations to determine appropriate equipment.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology) or Masters in Speech Pathology
- Speech Pathology Australia Certified Practicing Membership
- Growth mindset, innovative, team player, committed to continuous learning
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working with people with disabilities
- Working with Children Check and National Police Check
- Possession of NSW Driving licence
- Understanding of NDIS (preferable)