General Practitioner - Mount Isa. DPA MMM6
- : Health Workforce Queensland
- : 23-Mar-2021
- : Mount Isa QLD 4825
We have a unique opportunity for non-VR GPs to receive fully funded training to complete their Fellowship!
Gidgee Healing has a fulltime General Practitioner vacancy, which is a targeted recruitment location for the 2020-21 Remote Vocational Training Scheme (RVTS).
RVTS is a vocational training program for medical practitioners to communities throughout remote and rural Australia.
As a targeted recruitment location, training is fully funded by the Australian Government and the four-year training program is delivered by Distance Education and Remote Supervision to Fellowship of the ACRRM and/or RACGP.
Training will commence in January 2021. To be successful for inclusion in the 2020-21 RVTS, you will need evidence of an offer of employment from Gidgee Healing and then undertake an interview with RVTS.
During your training you will be supported by RVTS through weekly webinars, face-to-face workshops, online resources, on-site clinical teaching, remote supervision and exam preparation.
In addition to this, Health Workforce Queensland may be able to support your move to Mount Isa with some of the following:
- Opportunity to shorten your 10 year moratorium with the 5 year Overseas Trained Recruitment Scheme (the Five Year Scheme)
- A generous relocation grant for moving expenses;
- Financial support to orientate and settle in, such as initial accommodation expenses;
- Designated staff member for transition and ongoing career pathway support;
- Bursaries to attend conferences and continuing professional development activities;
- Bursaries for your spouse or partner to undertake personal or professional development courses.
General Practitioner - Mount Isa
- Option to also work at our clinics in our stunning Lower Gulf areas
- 100% bulk-billing clinic, fly-in fly-out arrangement considered
Gidgee Healing is currently seeking a General Practitioner to deliver integrated, comprehensive primary health care services at our Pioneer Clinic in Mount Isa.
Whilst you are based in Mount Isa, you will also have the opportunity to practice at our clinics in beautiful Mornington Island, Doomadgee and Normanton.
You will be supported by a team of dedicated and supportive clinic staff including Registered Nurses, Aboriginal Health Workers, Medical Receptionists, Practice Managers and visiting Specialists and Allied Health providers; in addition to community and secondary service providers.
Gidgee Healing is a dynamic Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service that provides a comprehensive and growing range of primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people residing in the Mount Isa, North West and Lower Gulf of Carpentaria regions. Our services include General Practice, maternal and child health, social and preventative health, health promotion and education, allied health and specialist services. Gidgee Healing is also the lead agency for headspace Mount Isa and the Normanton Recovery and Community Wellbeing Service. The organisation strives to provide high quality health and wellbeing services in a culturally welcoming environment, to enhance the accessibility and uptake of health services by our clients and support the early identification and management of illness and chronic diseases.
- Qualified Medical Practitioner, holding unconditional current registration with AHPRA
- General or Vocationally Registered, FRACGP or FACRRM
- Eligible for unrestricted Medicare Provider Number
- Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity towards the social, economic and cultural factors affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples health.
- Medicare percentage income
- Relocation allowance
- Accommodation and car provided
- Generous yearly professional development allowance
- Several flights out of Mount Isa yearly
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Excellent salary sacrificing options
The North West offers a relaxed and casual lifestyle, with a wealth of camping and exploring, scenic national parks, gorges, as well as pristine river, lake and open water fishing and recreation.