Role Type: Full time or part time positions available
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic occupational therapist to join our team.
In this role you will work alongside and in collaboration with our small but growing team of experienced therapists. You will deliver quality, family-friendly occupational therapy care to babies, children and adolescents across a number of environments including our clinic, a child's home, daycares/kindys/schools, or within relevant local community settings.
This position involves regular collaboration with parents and family members, other health professionals, including medical and allied health professionals, staff of daycares/kindys/schools, and other relevant service and support providers for each individual child.
Benefits and perks:
- Opportunity to work with highly experienced and passionate therapists, and within a multidisciplinary team.
- Receive regular supervision and peer support from therapists experienced in pediatrics, as well as access to internal and external professional development
- Established, interesting and varied caseload
- Excellent remuneration - we highly value our staff and the expertise they bring to our service!
- Opportunity for outreach to the Whitsunday's and Mackay Hinterland with our physio
- Flexible work arrangements - full time or part time position available. We will accommodate to suit your lifestyle needs.
- Live in beautiful coastal Mackay - a large enough town so that you won't miss out on the city perks such as major shows and sporting events, festivals and many community supports, but is also small enough to be friendly and welcoming.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy and current AHPRA registration
- Must hold or be able to get a 'Working with Children and Young People Blue Card'
- Current driver's Licence and own vehicle
- A caring, confident and professional manner
- A passion to pursue a career in pediatrics. Experience is desirable, but not necessary.
This practice is a growing children's therapy service located in tropical Mackay, Queensland. We provide friendly, high quality clinic and community-based services, and have strong links and collaborate frequently with other local and state wide pediatrics services.
We believe that all children, regardless of their abilities or differences, have value and should be given opportunity to achieve that value. To achieve this, we work hard to support parents and families, provide high quality therapy, and develop a supportive, enriched and inclusive environment and community. We love what we do, and cherish and celebrate our client and team achievements and successes.
Mackay is a regional city located on the coast of Central Queensland, with 15 different beaches located within a 5-30 minute drive of the city heart. To the North of Mackay is Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands (approx 1.5-hour drive), and to the West is the Eungella National Park (1-hour drive) which provides a great location for exploring bushwalking and camping. Mackay is a large enough town so that it's community does not miss out on the city perks such as major shows and sporting events, festivals and many community supports, but is also small enough to be friendly and welcoming. For more information about the Mackay region, check out: https://www.mackayregion.com/
The practice has built a strong reputation in the Mackay community and we have positive relationships with family doctors, local pediatricians, the local hospital, and most importantly, parent word-of-mouth. We love where we live, love connecting with our community, and love providing community support to children and families in the Mackay and surrounding communities.
For further information regarding this position please apply via the button below.
Reference AHWQ- 2253
Following successful placement eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives.