Psychologist - permanent part-time employee
Are you an experienced psychologist looking to work in the private sector?
Due to an increasing number of referrals we are looking for motivated and experienced psychologists to join our well established private practice located in Richmond. We are looking for general or endorsed psychologists who are fabulous therapists. We would particularly like to hear from you if you are experienced and passionate about working with clients who have:
- complex trauma and 'personality disorders' and/or
- complex mental health presentations and/or
- a neurodivergence such as ADHD or ASD and/or
- eating disordered behaviours
We are offering a permanent part-time position of one to two days per week, with a view to increasing the days when viable. The wage will depend on the experience of the candidate but will be between $40 and $55 per hour (superannuation will be additional to this). One week's CPD leave will be available in addition to annual leave. A CPD allowance of $2000 per year (prorated) will be included for employees.
YCP is a small private practice that has built a reputation for the provision of compassionate, non-judgemental, and effective psychological services. Our office is conveniently located close to public transport on the east end of Swan St, Richmond, and provides comfortable and private consulting rooms and a dedicated assessment room. We primarily work with young adults, adults, and older adults. Currently, we are seeing the vast majority of our clients via telehealth, although our team members have the option of seeing clients with exceptional circumstances face-to-face.
Why you might want to work with YCP:
- We strive to create a supportive environment for our psychologists
- We offer:
- Comfortable and private consulting rooms
- Administration area with computing equipment, printer, Tyro/eftpos, phones, secure e-fax service, and practice management software.
- IT support and secure cloud server provided by an external medical IT provider
- Administration support.
- Psychological and neuropsychological tests
- Professional library, client workbooks, and resources on CD and DVD.
- Use of our forms and procedures
- Monthly individual peer consultation (prorated)
- Monthly team peer consultation
Highly desirable qualities
We’d really like to talk if you:
- Are a post-graduate qualified psychologist who is passionate about providing excellent psychological services
- Enjoy working in a team and collaborating with your team members
- Are able to independently and autonomously provide psychological service to your clients
- Believe in ongoing personal and professional learning
- Have at least 5 years experience as a registered psychologist working with adult clients in a clinical setting
- Are experienced and enthusiastic about working with people with severe and/or complex mental health issues, dual diagnoses, and/or current risk of self-harm.
- Want to engage in the practice's group supervision
- Are keen to provide some low-cost services via our PHN or funding through agencies such as Melbourne City Mission
- Represent the diverse range of people we provide services to
Unfortunately, we are not currently able to offer registrarships to clinicians completing their 5+1 training.