About the role: Work within a team of therapists and registered behaviour support practitioners including speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists, special educators and social workers. Develop, deliver and evaluate evidence based, individualised services across a range of settings within the specified region. Work with individuals on the autism spectrum through individualised school, home and community based programs. Build capacity of families, care givers and the broader community to develop the strengths of each individual and to promote and encourage engagement within their community.
This role for a Registered Psychologist will be assigned initially to our Aspect Riverina School, to work within the School’s Learning Support team, consult with families, other schools, agencies and Aspect Therapists to identify needs and design suitable and inclusive individual programs. The role provides professional support (e.g. cognitive assessment, behaviour management, resources and/or professional development) that enhances the wellbeing of students’ families, school communities and other agencies.
What do we offer?
- A competitive salary package (including attractive and tax effective salary packaging benefits)
- Excellent internal and external professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive support and supervision, including PBS support and supervision for registered behaviour support practitioners
- Connections with highly experienced therapy staff who are part of a larger therapy team
- Interesting and varied work with a comprehensive structured training induction program to ensure you are best skilled to make a difference in your new role
- Your Operational Leader and Supervisor will support your individual learning needs
- Develop your knowledge and skills in autism and Positive Behaviour Support, work with autism and Positive Behaviour experts and access the latest autism research
What you will bring to the role?
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology
- Fully registered with AHPRA
- Training or experience in Positive Behaviour Support is preferred and alignment to PBS is required
- Demonstrated ability to engage and empathise with individuals on the autism spectrum and their families and carers
- Ability to use assessment skills and tailor evidence-base intervention to meet the needs of individuals on the autism spectrum and their families or carers
- Outstanding organisational, communication, written and presentation skills
- Ability to coordinate the delivery of a service, including managing enquiries, referrals and intake as well as recording and reporting service information
- Ability to empower others to implement and maintain strategies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Superior customer service approach
- Current valid driver’s licence and use of own vehicle for business purposes
- Willingness to travel across the area allocated
- NSW Working With Children Check for paid employment
- Victorian Working With Children Check for paid employment
- Current first aid qualification, CPR and anaphylaxis certificate (preferred)