Family Preservation and Reunification (FPR) Practitioner
What is Family Worx?
Family Worx is OzChild's adoption of the Family Preservation and Reunification response model being rolled out across Victoria by DHHS in partnership with CSO's and ACCO's.
The program will provide an integrated service to families in crisis, requiring immediate support and intervention as well as parents who are being reunified with their children after a period in out-of-home care (OOHC). The service will be highly responsive and flexible to each family's needs led by a team of Family Preservation and Reunification (FPR) Practitioners, an Aboriginal Response Lead and supported by the evidence-based models Functional Family Therapy - Child Welfare (FFT-CW) and SafeCare.
OzChild has successfully recruited to all our vacant positions apart from this one so this is your final opportunity to be involved with Family Worx.
- Work with a DHHS Child Protection Practitioner to identify and prioritise goals for intervention with the family
- Be responsive to the family's needs to address individual issues and stressors 8-10 hours per week
- After referral respond within 24 hours
- Assess and create a Family Action Plan within 3 weeks
- Guide the implementation of skill development and behaviour change techniques with the family through goal-setting and motivational interviewing
- Use evidence-informed common practice elements (common elements) seeking feedback and being culturally responsive
Who we are looking for:
- A degree-level qualification in a discipline such as social work or psychology, a diploma will also be considered if backed by experience
- Demonstrated high levels of engagement with at-risk families
- Experience working intensively with small caseloads (8-10 hours per week per family)
- Knowledge of or experience using common elements would be highly beneficial
- Understanding of family systems
- Risk assessment and safety planning
- Current driving license
- Maximum term contract till 31st August 2021
- Full-time hours, 38 per week
- Role will commence as soon as possible
- During COVID restrictions you will be working from home with client visits still occurring using a risk assessment tool
- Salary is SCHCADS level 6
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Training in Common Elements such as motivational interviewing and goal setting
- Unique culture promoting diversity and shared values
- Collaborative and cohesive working culture
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples' cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and provide a WWCC for Victoria.
COVID-19- All interviews are currently being conducted via video this may be subject to change.
How to apply:
You can apply for this position today by clicking APPLY NOW below.
You can view the position description and then submit a resume with a cover letter that outlines your skills and experiences as well as your motivation for applying.