Don't miss out on this exciting job opportunity!
We're looking for a motivated physiotherapist to join our energetic, experienced team to take a 12 hours/week position at 1 of our 2 dance physiotherapy clinics (Balgowlah and St Leonards).
Our flagship Balgowlah clinic has 3 physiotherapists working side by side. We see the diversity of the local community clients including: neck & back pain, post surgical & orthopaedic clients, return to sport rehabilitation, young adult & sporting injuries. This clinic is also renowned as a dance physiotherapy icon within the community, providing dance physiotherapy services for 20 years.
At our St Leonards clinic we are located within Tanya Pearson's prestigious academy where we treat both their full-time and part-time dancers, as well as aspiring young dancers in the wider community. There will mentoring to the right candidate who is passionate about dance, movement and treating adolescents.
Are you interested in learning pre pointe dance assessments, gold standard management of dance related injuries and excel at manual therapies? We are looking for a part time physiotherapist who is keen and confident to expand into a fulltime role with the development of your own loyal clientele.
Kinetica Physiotherapy has a long history of reliable and high quality physiotherapy service. Discover the diversity of our experience and flexibility as an employer willing to train the right applicant.
- Mentoring by 2 APA titled sports & musculoskeletal physiotherapists and up to 30 hours of in services in the first 3 months
- Professional development budget up to $2000/annum for the first 2 years commensurate with experience
- Well above award wages
- Warm, friendly, supportive team
- The time to provide your clients with comprehensive and quality physiotherapy care
- Part-time position with possibility of expanding to full-time
Kinetica Physiotherapy treats a broad range of clientele, with a special interest in dancers and performers. If you have an interest in teenagers and the young athlete, then this is a terrific opportunity to develop and continue your expertise in this client group. We also have connections with touring shows and musicals, and provide both onsite and in clinic services to professional dancers and associated show staff.
While a dance background would be helpful in an applicant, it is not essential. We are in a good position to train our applicants in the skills needed to treat this unique patient group.
If you are interested in developing your career in a dynamic and positive work environment, then this job is for you.
- Relevant dance experience is considered to your advantage
- You love the clinical reasoning and have strong hands-on focused manual therapy skills
- You enjoy the one-on-one professional relationships which you build with your clients & community and the satisfaction resulting from helping them to achieve their wellness goals
- You want to be exposed to a variety of sports and musculoskeletal conditions with a varying case load of individuals along with the support that you need to grow in your career
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to really care about your clients’ well-being and their successful rehabilitation outcomes
- You are a bright and cheerful person who is able to motivate your patients by way of your energy and enthusiasm
- You have a minimum of 1 year experience & are determined to be the best physiotherapist you can be
- You are registered with AHPRA and have appropriate Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance
- An interest in continuing education and post-graduate study. An interest in further relevant study will be internally supported