Site Medic (Registered Nurse)
Aspen Medical is seeking expression of interest from Registered Nurses with experience in Emergency Care to provide onsite medical services and personnel on behalf of our Oil and Gas customer, Shell Energy Australia in Western Australia. Some of the services delivered at operational sites include medical emergency response and emergency medical care.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- providing timely occupational health-related services
- medical emergency response and emergency medical care
- mass casualty management
- primary health care/injury and illness management
- fitness to work (FTW) assessments
- medical surveillance (MS) assessment
- rehabilitation and return to work (RTW)
- incident investigation
- reporting and classification
- drug and alcohol testing
- health promotion and wellness
- infection control management
- food and drinking water safety
- education and training of work groups
- participation as a health, safety, security and environment (HSSE) team member
- health hazard risk assessment and management
- participating as an emergency response team member with assigned responsibilities described within the site emergency response plan
- assisting in developing, implementing, managing and assessing the site staff induction program.
Experience, qualifications and documentation required:
To submit a complete application for this position, please ensure you provide the below mentioned documentation.
- A copy of your current CV
- Current and unconditional registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse
- Evidence of postgraduate qualifications and experience in intensive care, critical care or emergency care nursing
- Evidence of current certification in Early Management of Severe Trauma (EMST), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) training and certification, International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) or Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Evidence of current certification in Advanced Life Support (ALS) and Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Evidence of five (5) years' work experience in emergency nursing
- Evidence of three (3) years' work experience in remote locations
- Statement of service from your current employer indicating your clinical exposure over the past 12-months
- Evidence of 20-hours of relevant CPD completed over the past 12-months
- Personal identification (i.e. drivers licence or passport), and evidence of name change if applicable
- Additional accredited training such as drug and alcohol collection (HLTPAT005) and BOSIET training is desirable
- Two recent professional referees who can attest to your clinical competence within the past 2-years. One reference to be from a clinical supervisor and/or manager
Please ensure you download and complete the below mentioned forms to be submitted with your application documents:
Verification of Qualification
Written Reference Form
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from diverse cultural backgrounds. We are a veteran-owned business and we encourage ADF veterans with appropriate skills and experience to apply.
Aspen Medical is a global provider of innovative healthcare solutions across a diverse range of clients in government, non-government organisations (NGOs) and the private sector. We are a world leader in the delivery of healthcare solutions in any setting, particularly those that are remote, challenging or under-resourced. We are the only commercial organisation in the world certified by the World Health Organization (WHO) as an Emergency Medical Team for infectious disease outbreaks, and through our focus on Social Purpose, we believe passionately in using business as a force for good in everything we do.