163373 - "Broken Hearted" - Cardiology in General Practice
- : Online
Face to face interactive day with panel discussions, emergency scenarios, Q and A and pre-organised questions from the GP's focussing on cardiology in general practice.
Relevance to General Practice
Overall the day is designed to give an overview of cardiac presentations in general practice and the possible pitfalls of unusual presentations and new unfamiliar devices, surgery and imaging.
- Identify appropriate treatment options for heart failure
- Discuss possible misinterpretations of ECG and limitations of automated interpretation
- Assess the role of some emerging modalities in cardiac imaging
- Recognise common interventional cardiac devices and their role in the management of cardiac patients
- Identify and discuss possible red flags and near misses in cases of chest pain in General Practice