5. Perinatal Depression: GP mental health treatment plans
- : adelaide
You need to login to participate in this education.
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
This activity is part 5 of a series of 6, which is also available as part of an ALM. This education emphasises the role of the primary care team, and the central role of the general practitioner, in the management of perinatal mental health disorders. This activity focuses on the assessment of women with suspected perinatal mental health disorders and discusses management options. The role of the GP mental health treatment plan is discussed.
This separate one hour activity is not accredited for MHST.
To complete the six hour MHST course, click here.
- Discuss the assessment tools available for use in patients with suspected perinatal anxiety and depression.
- Recall the role of the primary care team in the management of perinatal mental health conditions.
- State the relevant Medicare and other associated mental health items and programs.
- Describe the steps required for the development of a GP mental health treatment plan.
- Discuss how to ensure patient safety by developing appropriate referral pathways.
This education is also available as part of an Active Learning Module (ALM) consisting of six activities. We recommend that you complete all six activities in order to obtain maximum benefit from this education. The ALM can be found here.
The term Maternal Child Health Nurse (MCHN) has been used throughout this activity, however other terms may be used in different states and territories.
This education was prepared by ThinkGP.
|5. Perinatal Depression: GP mental health treatment plans - education|
|Perinatal Depression: GP Mental Health Treatment Plans - evaluation|