76630 - Cutting Edge: Advanced Procedures
- : Online
The Cutting Edge: Advanced procedures course is a full day hands on dissection focus skills training workshop designed to provide GPs with the opportunity to refine and consolidate their surgical techniques. In particular for those practicing on the rural and remote region, this cadaveric course will cover range of surgical procedures such as Trigger Finger, Carpel tunnel release, Vasectomy, Fasciotomy & digital nail procedures. This Enables the provision of a greater level of service to patients and the community.
Relevance to General Practice
Procedural skills training fro GPs has proven to be a sought after educational activity throughout Australia. Overall a number of years since this course commenced in 2006, CTEC has been receiving course requests from GPs participants from the rural and remote areas to attend a hands on a Cutting Edge course such as this one along with participant evaluation data, the assessment shows an ongoing need for training on this area.
- Demonstrate an improvement in executing commonly performed minor surgical skills & techniques, due to uninterrupted practice time.
- Identify surgical anatomy of the finger, wrist, toe, scrotum & penis.
- Demonstrate the efficient techniques for commonly performed minor surgical procedures, as focused on in teaching session.
- Demonstrate safe practice & competency.
- Demonstrate transfer of knowledge & skills to their workplace, as illustrated by their reinforcing activity.