81172 - Intrauterine Device Training for Clinicians
- : Online
A foundation and update on the use of intrauterine devices (IUD) in clinical practice.The module has embedded links and interactive questions and answers. There are clinical photos and videos with a voice over to aid learning.
Relevance to General Practice
General Practitioners are the prime inserters of intrauterine devices (IUD). Up to date information to GPs both starting out as intrauterine device (IUD) providers and those in current practices is important for safe practice. This module presents the current evidence for the clinical skills, safety, complications and approaching the patient for the IUD insertion.
- Counsel women on the effectiveness, mode of action, advantages, disadvantages & risks of IUDs.
- Manage common problems associated with IUDs.
- Describe the different IUDs available in Australia and explain medical eligibility criteria for IUDs.
- Describe insertion and removal techniques for different IUDs.
- Determine appropriate investigations & timing for insertion