84894 - FPAA National Certificate in Reproductive and Sexual Health for Doctors - Clinical (WA)
- : Online
This Certificate course enhances the ability of GPs to provide services in a complex and specialised area of reproductive and sexual health. It is recognised by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine, RANZCOG and Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine. The GP Registrars Australia consider this course ‘to be a very useful course before starting general practice terms, or to up-skill once in general practice’. Rural GPs have indicated need for training in sexual health, especially when providing sexual health services to young people. For overseas trained doctors working in “areas of medical workforce need” with little experience of Australian culture regarding reproductive health, the FPAA National Certificate course offers accredited national assessment comprising communication skills, medical knowledge and clinical skills.
- Counsel clients with regard to the client's own requirements for contraception
- Identify and use evidence based guidelines and systems for the appropriate management and follow up of reproductive and sexual health problems in practice *
- Discuss and provide information about STIs, including their epidemiology, prevention, testing procedures, diagnosis and treatment
- Perform a vulval, vaginal and pelvic examination and take a cervical screening test
- Identify an awareness of one's own practice limitation and refer appropriately