95129 - Managing Bipolar Disorder
- : Online
In Managing Bipolar Disorder the diagnosis and management of bipolar disorder presents many challenges to primary care clinicians. Our six hour highly interactive program explores the key issues and difficulties in the detection and treatment of bipolar disorder, equipping the clinician with the knowledge and skills required to deliver an integrated pharmacological and psychological approach best suited to the needs of people living with bipolar disorder. Topics covered are:
Topic 1 - Assessment and Diagnosis
Topic 2 - Pharmacological Management
Topic 3 - Recovery and wellness
Topic 4 - Diagnostic Dilemmas
The program presents an approach to assessing and managing bipolar disorders that is practical and easily applied in practice, covering 4 main topic areas.
• Identify the key features of bipolar disorder
• Assess patients presenting with depression for possible underlying bipolar disorder
• Undertake a risk assessment for patients with bipolar disorder
• List common co-morbid conditions that accompany bipolar disorder
• Outline the pharmacological management of bipolar disorder
• Delineate the role of psycho-education and psychological strategies in achieving and maintaining well-being in patients with bipolar disorder
Each topic area is discussed in detail, using case studies as a basis for demonstrating effective completion of that topic and discussion to explore any particular challenges that may arise in clinical application. Skills practice opportunities give participants the opportunity to gain experience of using these new skills in practice.